Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2018 8:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: reyloxdm40]
Are there any decent models out there that I could throw in the trunk for occasional fishing for Largemouth and small catfish? I'm thinking of trying this wish app rod...

ETA- Budget is under $100
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 12:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slomofo] [#1]
Almost everything I've gotten from Wish has been shit, so be careful with the Chinese stuff from that app.

If you want a super cheap travel rod, check out kastking. The brand itself is American, but all of their products are rebranded Chinese off the shelf stuff. I think their travel rods are made by Sougayilang and can be found on amazon or wish for cheaper, but I go through Kastking because they have really good customer service/warranty. I have their Sharky II spin reel, Speed Demon casting reel, and probably 30 spools of their various lines. Everything I've gotten from them has been top notch for the price.

Edit: I got one good fishing item from Wish, it's the 43pc lure set which contains 43 individually boxed pieces of Rapala knockoffs. I don't remember what I paid, but it was less than $30.00. I also bought a front/rear set of Magpul MBus sights for $11.00; they came in Mapgul PTS (airsoft) boxes and when held side by side with real MBus, the only difference I could see were the real MBus had loctite on them and the airsoft didn't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:55:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogsandhogs] [#2]
This looks like the best option out there for what your looking for: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_Ardito-TR_Travel_Casting_Rods/descpage-DTTC.html

This looks good too: http://www.13fishing.com/omen-black-travel-rod/
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Plusinno telescoping spinning rods on e-bay.  I have the 2.1m =6.9ft. medium action soinning rod with a Pfluger Trion 5.2:1 spinning reel and 10# flourocarbon line.  This is an amazing combination.
The Plusinno rods have good excellent reviews on Youtube.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a pretty decent Browning 4pc travel rod for spinning.

A 4 pc ( IIRC) saltwater fly rod (9 or 10 wt) from LL Bean.

Got my eye on a Clearwater 7pc 4wt from Orvis.

Stay away from telescoping crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top