Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2018 9:34:18 AM EDT
Thinking of getting a boat again and have been coming across a couple Tracker Pro Guide models(2006 and 2007 models) that interest me. How is the quality of Tracker boats? I know Bass Pro Shops pushes them pretty hard but that's about it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Back in the 80's my dad had a Bass Tracker Pro 18ft.

It did everything we wanted and never had any issues with it other than the live well pump failing twice.

It's basically a customized Jon boat.  Not a lot to go wrong with them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking of getting a boat again and have been coming across a couple Tracker Pro Guide models(2006 and 2007 models) that interest me. How is the quality of Tracker boats? I know Bass Pro Shops pushes them pretty hard but that's about it.
View Quote
Bass Pro pushes them because they own them. They are pretty cheaply built for a finished Jon boat.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
See my thread here before you buy anything.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Years ago when I was more into fishing I thought I heard some people say Tracker boats were cheaply built. The price one two I found was pretty attractive for what they included but it would probably be better to go with another brand.

The boat I'm most interested in is a 2001 16ft StarCraft with a 50hp 2 stroke Merc. Boat is in really nice shape with the entire inside being redone 2yrs ago(used marine grade carpet/wood) and new tires on the trailer. Also has a $1500 MinnKota Terrova trolling motor with a built in sonar and two Lowrance locators(one tied into the trolling motor)plus an onboard charger, marine radio with Bluetooth setup. Guy is pretty confident in the boat and will drive to a lake to let the potential buyer give it a shakedown. I'm not sure if I want another 16' boat though, this one is wider/deeper than the 16' I used to own and would probably be perfect 90% of the time but I always said if I bought another boat it would be a 17' or 18'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top