Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2023 11:51:29 PM EDT
Picked up a camo Zpacks Plexamid. With stakes it is @16 oz.  Looking forward on taking it on Crow Pass next month.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice,  zpacks make good stuff
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 6:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskagrown] [#2]
I am pretty stoked to have it, I had a dcf solomid at one point from MLD but didn't love it wound up selling it off.  With my pack, quilt/pad and this tent my base weight is 5lbs.  With my BRS+ snowpeak mug that only adds 5 oz
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
Picked up a camo Zpacks Plexamid. With stakes it is @16 oz.  Looking forward on taking it on Crow Pass next month.
View Quote

Nice pickup. The camo versions usually command a premium price. Hope you got a deal.

Sold my Duplex last month. Great tent, just wasn't for me. Picked up a Lunar Solo that's similar to the way the Plexamid is shaped. That added 6oz to my base weight but, I'm still under 9lbs.

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $300 for it the person I bought it from had purchased it new and had 2 nights in it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I paid $300 for it the person I bought it from had purchased it new and had 2 nights in it.
View Quote

Great price!

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

That right there is "Winning!!!!"
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Can someone please explain the INSANE price on these things? it doesnt look like much more than a tarp! Please forgive my ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Phiers:
Can someone please explain the INSANE price on these things? it doesnt look like much more than a tarp! Please forgive my ignorance.
View Quote

Dyneema fabric is expensive. Should it be? Probably not but, it is.

Lightweight has never been cheap.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Loonytik:
Sold my Duplex last month. Great tent, just wasn't for me. Picked up a Lunar Solo that's similar to the way the Plexamid is shaped. That added 6oz to my base weight but, I'm still under 9lbs.
View Quote

I sold my Duplex recently also. I liked the tent but the doors were cut too high on the bottom which would allow rain to blow right under them. I replaced it with a Durston.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

I sold my Duplex recently also. I liked the tent but the doors were cut too high on the bottom which would allow rain to blow right under them. I replaced it with a Durston.
View Quote

The person I bought this off of had a Durston.

Well weather destroyed my trip plans.  20+ miles of mud rain and nipple deep river crossings during peak bear encounter time didnt sound to appealing to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Slingfin Portal 2. I used it on a Pemi Loop a couple weeks ago. Very secure in 50+ mph wind and rain. Weighs about 2 lbs I think.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Great tent and that’s an insane deal. Probably want to experiment setting it up a few times in less than ideal locations, a friend has one and his only complaint is that you pretty much have to use the guy lines to get the right pitch and avoid condensation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top