Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 10:07:51 AM EDT
I had a rare day off this morning and turned the radio on before the sun came up.  10, 12, & 15 all looked dead on the scope, no signals anywhere.  I called CQ on 10 for a couple of minutes and got a few stations in the log with only 35 watts!  If you think the band is dead warm up the radio and call CQ!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
People who are listening don't show up on the waterfall, but they are there. Just have to give it a go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
People who are listening don't show up on the waterfall, but they are there. Just have to give it a go.
View Quote

Exactly!  I hear occasionally from local hams that I make QSO's because I run power, so I'm just running 35 watts this morning.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There's 'always' activity on FT8, so that is a good place to monitor to see whether the band is open.

But calling CQ is also a good idea.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By targetworks:
There's 'always' activity on FT8, so that is a good place to monitor to see whether the band is open.

But calling CQ is also a good idea.

View Quote

Yesterday evening was the first time I have heard no signals on 40m. It was weird, I even checked my connections, and looked at the antenna because it was so quiet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:28:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlatlandBusa] [#5]
10 meter SSB appeared dead this morning, called CQ for less than a minute and got Puerto Rico and Brazil so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Old school ham radio solution....always call CQ.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember the time I was trying to figure out PSK 31 and nobody answered so I figured I was doing it all wrong.

I got disgusted and typed "Girl! Girls! Girls! Live nude dancers here 24/7!"

And instantly found out I was doing it right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top