Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2022 12:46:20 PM EDT
Who knows who I'm talking about? 28.425 it's been spicy.

I'd like to hear the story between him and 10-10.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was listening to him for a bit earlier.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was listening to him for a bit earlier.
View Quote

Last night was funny when I tried to work him for the Ten Ten SSB Contest unbeknownst to me he was such a troll.

Listening now, guess I'm not the only one who's made that mistake.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]

If he's on right now (28.425)  I've worked him a bunch on POTA activations.

Him and his wife.

My wife likes to log HAMRS on a tablet, and notices their "flowery" address on the logging program.

Why is he a "troll" ?

They are always polite and friendly
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If he's on right now (28.425)  I've worked him a bunch on POTA activations.

Him and his wife.

My wife likes to log HAMRS on a tablet, and notices their "flowery" address on the logging program.

Why is he a "troll" ?

They are always polite and friendly
View Quote

He's been nasty to anyone asking for his name, he just says his name is "redneck" and if you ask for his 10-10 number, he just either ignores you and starts calling CQ again or talks trash about 10-10.

Funny I rarely hear him except for 10-10 contest weekends (but 10M propagation might play into that).
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
wondering if we’re talking about the same guy?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not hearing anybody.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not hearing anybody.
View Quote

Well yeah, you're a bit late.  He was first spotted at 1300Z today.  And 10m within the US went to shit around 1730z. I'm only hearing South America now.  Check again in the evening.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wondering if we're talking about the same guy?
View Quote
It's the same guy. Apparently he's totally different when hunting and activating. Like you, I have a bunch of POTA contacts with him. He's always friendly. The last thread had a link to where I found the call sign. I was surprised.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
oh well

crabby hams are not exactly rare DX

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
wondering if we’re talking about the same guy?
View Quote

Search for his call on YouTube, there used to be some videos.  He comes off as an a$$.  Or at least a really odd duck.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

oh well

crabby hams are not exactly rare DX

View Quote

Those spots are by his YL or XYL, whoever it is he does POTA with.  Today he mentioned being at his XYL's.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Todd has the distinction of being the only person ever kicked out of 10 - 10.  He was kicked out of 10 - 10 because of his horrible on air conduct, what you were hearing is just the surface of how this guy acts.  He is one of 3 call signs that I will not acknowledge on the air.

Edit:  Some reading and listening if you are bored.

10-10 Removal

Video of Todd in top form

Worldwide DX Thread 1

Worldwide DX Thread 2
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#13]

He looks exactly like I thought that he would.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's the same guy. Apparently he's totally different when hunting and activating. Like you, I have a bunch of POTA contacts with him. He's always friendly. The last thread had a link to where I found the call sign. I was surprised.
View Quote

I worked him and the wife yesterday.  I recognized the voice. I didn't remember his call until I looked at it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#15]
He is just another that falls into the "mentally ill" category. Same as the moron on 20 meters out west that is constantly "checking propagation" and raises holy hell with anyone that answers him,  and the total loon up in Canada. They are all sick in the head. But we have mentally ill people around us in our local communities that we see every day. We just don't interact with them.  But put a radio and microphone in front of them, and you would know pretty quick.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Todd has the distinction of being the only person ever kicked out of 10 - 10.  He was kicked out of 10 - 10 because of his horrible on air conduct, what you were hearing is just the surface of how this guy acts.  He is one of 3 call signs that I will not acknowledge on the air.

Edit:  Some reading and listening if you are bored.

10-10 Removal

Video of Todd in top form

Worldwide DX Thread 1

Worldwide DX Thread 2
View Quote

Thanks, will check those out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He is just another that falls into the "mentally ill" category. Same as the moron on 20 meters out west that is constantly "checking propagation" and raises holy hell with anyone that answers him,  and the total loon up in Canada. They are all sick in the head. But we have mentally ill people around us in our local communities that we see every day. We just don't interact with them.  But put a radio and microphone in front of them, and you would know pretty quick.
View Quote

Might be the case, And if it is, certainly have no ill will towards him. Just spin the dial..
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#18]
There's obviously tons of evidence but it's just baffling why he's so normal for POTA but acts nutso on 10m
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There's obviously tons of evidence but it's just baffling why he's so normal for POTA but acts nutso on 10m
View Quote

Yep

Like a sensible ARFCOM'er who got too drunk and started shitposting crazy.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep

Like a sensible ARFCOM'er who got too drunk and started shitposting crazy.

View Quote
That's is a pretty good example actually.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Lots of turds on HF…thankfully 10m is a big band so you can just avoid him when propagation good.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wouldn't that alone qualify for some sort of mental issue?

I agree on POTA he seems normal.  But there is no getting around that voice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a QSO with him on 10M last May. He was calling CQ, so I responded. We had a QSO and he confirmed on QRZ, but he seemed... annoyed. I have elected not to respond since, when I hear him calling CQ...
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#24]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/csww1toz92w8f0u/20220807_111657.wav?dl=0
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#25]
That stuff has to be alcohol fueled. He even sounds drunk compared to when he's activating or hunting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Meds vs. No Meds.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#28]
“stand by for 2nd operator,….recording of muh wife”
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

"stand by for 2nd operator, .recording of muh wife"
View Quote

Oddly enough when I activated on Monday, have them both in the log.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#30]
SAY KEW, SAY KEW, SAY KEW!
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL I knew exactly who yall are talking about without getting on. He is a member of the club I was/am in.

I have got to meet him and think he is a bit slow.

Was at a club meeting at a all you can eat Chinese restraunte and he wore sweatpants style gym shorts up too his mid abdomen and a t shirt tucked in. lol

He has always been nice to me and tries to work me on just about every Pota I've done.

Yall are in for a treat he does a Friday night 9:00 net on the club machine (not mine) and I have it lived streamed.

Enjoy.
Broadcastify Link
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

Tonight’s topics
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
LOL I knew exactly who yall are talking about without getting on. He is a member of the club I was/am in.

I have got to meet him and think he is a bit slow.

Was at a club meeting at a all you can eat Chinese restraunte and he wore sweatpants style gym shorts up too his mid abdomen and a t shirt tucked in. lol

He has always been nice to me and tries to work me on just about every Pota I've done.

Yall are in for a treat he does a Friday night 9:00 net on the club machine (not mine) and I have it lived streamed.

Enjoy.
Broadcastify Link
View Quote
I've never had a bad QSO with him. Have lots of contacts with him too. But there is a lot of recordings of him being a moron on the air too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#36]
The net is live at the link above!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By @Emoto:
SAY KEW, SAY KEW, SAY KEW!
View Quote

And ye shall find.
Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top