User Panel

Site Notices
Survival Forum Deals (Page 5 of 22)
Page / 22
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:56:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emt1581] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Gems...is that closer to granules (need hot water) or flakes (hot or cold water)?

EDIT:  Something to note if they are granules is that you might be able to get them cheaper from a local restaurant supply.  I know I can.  $13 or so for a #10 can.   AND  there are ZERO recipes/piece of info on them anywhere.  This means you can experiment, but potentially not nearly as versatile as flakes which can be stirred in a plethora of dishes.  I've stocked up on the granules because it was cheap/easy but plan to mylar bag as much flakes as well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
WOOT sale on Propper and Blackhawk stuff:

LINKY
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Wow, that's even cheaper than when they had that little guy on sale in September.

Great little portable gen, I used mine at my deer hunting shack to keep all my rechargeable things charged and to run my heated boot dryer, worked great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Wow, that's even cheaper than when they had that little guy on sale in September.

Great little portable gen, I used mine at my deer hunting shack to keep all my rechargeable things charged and to run my heated boot dryer, worked great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I haven't used my little HF 2 stroke generator in years.  But for $160 that inverter one seemed like an excellent buy!  I'd have to do a little more homework in order to pull the trigger on one though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

I haven't used my little HF 2 stroke generator in years.  But for $160 that inverter one seemed like an excellent buy!  I'd have to do a little more homework in order to pull the trigger on one though.
View All Quotes

Description says its no good past 3k feet elevation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Quick tube of yous search made it look worth a buck and a half to me. Guys with 2000+ hours on them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Raven_Fire:

Quick tube of yous search made it look worth a buck and a half to me. Guys with 2000+ hours on them.
View Quote

2000 hrs on a two-stroke?  I find that pretty hard to believe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

View All Quotes

Reading must be a challenge for you
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
This isn't GD
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
This isn't GD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:

This isn't GD

Nope but I remember why I don’t frequent this sub anymore. Try and be helpful and people who can’t be bothered to read before commenting (not helpful) get backed up by others. That’s cool.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Troger] [#13]
Ready Wise Food Bucket

Grab and Go Entrée Bucket
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Troger:
Ready Wise Food Bucket

View Quote

Thanks. Picked a couple up for the cabin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got an email from Amazon that a few of the potato products from Augason Farms are on sale.  47%-68% off....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FTEUTMQ?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got an email from Amazon that a few of the potato products from Augason Farms are on sale.  47%-68% off....

View Quote

Thank you.  I ordered a couple of cans even though the expected delivery date is a month or two out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Thank you.  I ordered a couple of cans even though the expected delivery date is a month or two out.
View Quote

Apples, Corn, Butter, PB, and Cheese powder all also roughly 50% off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Ready Wise Food Bucket

View Quote

Grabbed a couple, thanks for sharing and keeping this deal thread going.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Ready Wise Food Bucket

View Quote

Anyone have the meal/calorie breakdown son one of those buckets?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:45:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nobody69s] [#21]

Anyone have the meal/calorie breakdown son one of those buckets?
View Quote
Total calories per bucket is 5040. disregard
So if we're talking SHTF, that will sustain two hard working adults for 2 days.
I won't be buying any buckets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought I read they are around 10,000 calories
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By thorn653:
Total calories per bucket is 5040.
So if we're talking SHTF, that will sustain two hard working adults for 2 days.
I won't be buying any buckets.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Zac87:
View Quote

This is off of the Readywise site for this product.   Doing my part to fight misinformation

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sea2summit] [#24]
View Quote

Even at 10k…60 servings that’s less than 170 calories a serving.  Packets of oatmeal have that much. Bummer.

ETA 13k is better…just over 210 calories.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nobody69s] [#25]
View Quote
Sorry guys, please disregard my previous post.
I was only looking at one picture and there's two pictures.
So that 10,000 is correct.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Thanks. I eat the potato shreds with my eggs every time I go down to the cabin & was about out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Picked up a few thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Anybody ever try this Augason bucket?

$59.98 at Amazon, claims 19,000 calories
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

Picked up a few thanks
View Quote

Yup Mango and Banana chips both 50%+ off

Picked up a couple. Who cares if they show up next year sometime
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Augason Farms Dinner Pack seems to be a good deal on sale for $72

Broccoli is also on sale for $23

Veggie Variety pack on sale for $67.  I'm not sure this one is actually a GOOD deal due to the small pouch sizes, but it's probably useful and fair money if you just want to sample the quality of their products or learn how to work with freeze dried products.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By corruptor:
Augason Farms Dinner Pack seems to be a good deal on sale for $72

Broccoli is also on sale for $23

Veggie Variety pack on sale for $67.  I'm not sure this one is actually a GOOD deal due to the small pouch sizes, but it's probably useful and fair money if you just want to sample the quality of their products or learn how to work with freeze dried products.
View Quote

Almost pulled the trigger on the meal pack, but look closely, the beef can is "beef flavored vegetarian meat substitute". Deal breaker.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corruptor] [#32]
Originally Posted By DrJekell:

Almost pulled the trigger on the meal pack, but look closely, the beef can is "beef flavored vegetarian meat substitute". Deal breaker.
View Quote

I knew that before I ordered, but I understand your position.

I've tried it before (Honeyville Farms brand) and thought it was barely acceptable as a stand-alone item.  However, it works very well as an extender for real ground beef, pork, or chicken when used in things like tacos, casseroles, etc.  That will help when we're paying $10/lb next year...  As an added note, #10 cans of freeze dried ground beef are $60+ right now, roughly 4-5 times the cost of the TVP.  I'd love to have a bunch of the real thing in my preps, but that kind of money makes it very difficult.

I also don't love the fact that it's a soy based product, but eaten in moderation I don't think it'll be an issue (that's assuming the bad things said about soy are true, which I'm kinda on the fence about).  

All things considered, I think it does have a place in my preps (I have 6+ other #10 TVP flavors), so I went ahead and ordered the pack.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:09:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Another pretty solid deal from Costco if you can deal with the $449 price tag: Nutristore freeze dried chicken and ground beef, 6 #10 cans each.  It's $100 off of the regular price, but only through the 13th.

There are some other decent prices at Costco for FD foods.  Again, entry prices are high, but if you're planning on building a well rounded and deep survival pantry it's probably a good way to go.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Another pretty solid deal from Costco if you can deal with the $449 price tag: Nutristore freeze dried chicken and ground beef, 6 #10 cans each.  It's $100 off of the regular price, but only through the 13th.

There are some other decent prices at Costco for FD foods.  Again, entry prices are high, but if you're planning on building a well rounded and deep survival pantry it's probably a good way to go.
View Quote

They do have some good prices. Even without membership (which I don't have) their 6 #10 Cans of chicken is $10.00 cheaper than Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#36]

I've tried it before (Honeyville Farms brand) and thought it was barely acceptable as a stand-alone item.  However, it works very well as an extender for real ground beef, pork, or chicken when used in things like tacos, casseroles, etc.  That will help when we're paying $10/lb next year...  As an added note, #10 cans of freeze dried ground beef are $60+ right now, roughly 4-5 times the cost of the TVP.  I'd love to have a bunch of the real thing in my preps, but that kind of money makes it very difficult.

I also don't love the fact that it's a soy based product, but eaten in moderation I don't think it'll be an issue (that's assuming the bad things said about soy are true, which I'm kinda on the fence about).  

All things considered, I think it does have a place in my preps (I have 6+ other #10 TVP flavors), so I went ahead and ordered the pack.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DrJekell:

Thanks for the link.  Worth a try at $12 a can.  I was apprehensive about the "fake" beef but the reviews are actually quite good so I will give it a try.  I have bought a lot of useless shit over the years for a lot more.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#37]
https://majorsurplus.com/catalog/product/view/id/14658/s/czech-gauze-compression-bandage/?smclient=d3a92efd-421b-11ec-b169-2841c6acdb70&utm_source=salesmanago&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=default
.99 each if you buy 20
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:32:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#38]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By migradog:
Augason Farms Freeze Dried Sweet Corn No. 10 Can at Amazon $14.58

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096GE7A8?tag=arfcom00-20

Augason Farms Buttermilk Pancake Mix 3 lbs 4 oz No. 10 Can $7.32

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FTETNIC?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

I grabbed some corn the other day. Shipping is a bit delayed but no biggie.

Also got some apples for 33% off
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By migradog:
Augason Farms Freeze Dried Sweet Corn No. 10 Can at Amazon $14.58

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096GE7A8?tag=arfcom00-20

Augason Farms Buttermilk Pancake Mix 3 lbs 4 oz No. 10 Can $7.32

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FTETNIC?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

Thanks, picked up four of the FD corn for the stash.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Augason Farms Morning Moo's powdered milk 3.5 lb can, makes approx 5.8 gallons  $16.63

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

This is a seriously tasty option for LTS milk, for those who haven't had it before.  Just make it per the label instructions by mixing the powder with hot water first, before adding the cold, and then let it chill thoroughly before drinking.  Otherwise you'll have a chalkiness all throughout the milk.  Up to a 25 yr shelf life.  I can't currently buy almost 6 gallons of fresh milk for $16.63!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
Augason Farms Morning Moo's powdered milk 3.5 lb can, makes approx 5.8 gallons  $16.63

www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBGOW2Y

This is a seriously tasty option for LTS milk, for those who haven't had it before.  Just make it per the label instructions by mixing the powder with hot water first, before adding the cold, and then let it chill thoroughly before drinking.  Otherwise you'll have a chalkiness all throughout the milk.  Up to a 25 yr shelf life.  I can't currently buy almost 6 gallons of fresh milk for $16.63!
View Quote

I like this stuff,
Mix enough for one gallon, add some vanilla extract and some sweetener, let it get real cold and it tastes just like a melting vanilla milk shake!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBGOW2Y

View Quote

Thanks, ordered a couple of cans.  My problem now is finding room for my ever growing supply hoard.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Ordered 3 cans of the Moo Milk

Hopefully it tastes good
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Westmonster:

I like this stuff,
Mix enough for one gallon, add some vanilla extract and some sweetener, let it get real cold and it tastes just like a melting vanilla milk shake!
View Quote

Love that idea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#46]
At the current sale prices for Auguson Farms on Amazon, it's a great time to try these AND TAKE NOTES!   Record recipes, tips, favorites, and dislikes.
  Keep track of water supplies needed to reconstitute, and have recipes to utilize without additional rehydration.
  These are steals at current price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Got 4 cans of the moo milk since it came back. Amazon would only let me do a max of 4 and wouldn't let me do another 4. Based off the reviews a few years ago people were paying around $30 a can. Heck of a deal thank you
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corruptor] [#48]
Potato slices are back on sale for $12.  I've had their shredded version and thought they were pretty good, so I'm guessing these will also be a quality product.  The fact that 95% of the 3200+ ratings are 4 or 5 stars doesn't hurt either!

ETA: Real nonfat dry milk cans are also on sale for $15.  However, unless you just want one or two cans, it looks like the dry milk from the LDS web store is much less expensive.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 22
Survival Forum Deals (Page 5 of 22)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top