Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2020 8:05:55 AM EDT
I know these things don't make much financial sense but if you're a fan you get it.  It looks like they're back (for now) for $34.00 with free shipping.

https://tacticalsportsgear.com/products/surefire-6p-bk-flashlight?variant=7294179868729&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgfbUnceF5wIVjJ6zCh2l_wiCEAQYASABEgIvwfD_BwE
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Almost bought one, then remembered I have several others stashed and never use them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Almost bought one, then remembered I have several others stashed and never use them.
View Quote
Same here and I added a 3-mode 550LM 1.5A Redilast P60 drop-in and a couple of 17670 li-ions and it’s still a paperweight.

Not a bad price, but we can do a lot better for only a little more scratch.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I still love the feel of factory fresh Surefire knurling on a 6P, but even with an amazing LED P60 drop in, they just don't carry well for day to day use.  I always keep one in my car and nightstand, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just have the one but it still serves a purpose for me.  I like it well enough that if I lost it I'd miss it.  I've kind of regretted not picking up a spare when they were being sold at this price the last time so I've been keeping an eye out for them.  Bought it last night.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same here and I added a 3-mode 550LM 1.5A Redilast P60 drop-in and a couple of 17670 li-ions and it’s still a paperweight.

Chris
View Quote
I went the other way and swapped in a M61L for 5 plus hours of 230 magnificent creamy white Malkoff lumens, which we all know are WAY batter then Chinese lumens.

Seriously, it works well as my winter light.  The batteries hold up well in the cold and I don't have a problem working the switch, even with heavy gloves on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still love the feel of factory fresh Surefire knurling on a 6P, but even with an amazing LED P60 drop in, they just don't carry well for day to day use.  I always keep one in my car and nightstand, though.
View Quote
You must be referring to the tactical nail file feature Surefire was kind enough to include with every 6P sold.  I swear, you grab that and it feels like it grabs you back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went the other way and swapped in a M61L for 5 plus hours of 230 magnificent creamy white Malkoff lumens, which we all know are WAY batter then Chinese lumens.

Seriously, it works well as my winter light.  The batteries hold up well in the cold and I don't have a problem working the switch, even with heavy gloves on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

I have plenty of boutique lights with a plethora of tints and beam profiles, so I get it, but I’m also not a ‘great white wall hunter,’ either.

I just need to see in the dark, is all and the above don’t really matter too much, to do that, to me at least.

When National Geographic commissions me to travel down into the Amazon to catalog Poison Dart frogs, maybe I’ll put more thought into things?

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had a Surefire C2-HA with a M61L 219 unit for a LOOOOONG time.  You couldn't beat the construction or the tint quality.  In the end, though, I sold the package for ~$150 and bought a few things I needed a lot more than that flashlight.  I still have a couple of 6P's with M61 drop ins kicking around, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought a couple of them for $10 each, because the vendor couldn't figure out what batt worked in them.  Solid kit.  Buy updated Malkoff heads for them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I like them. They're easy to mod which also translates into easy to repair. Thanks OP, I just ordered two.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the "deal" is done, they've raised he price to $44.00.  Good while it lasted.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 6Ps. I got the first one in 2003. I was amazed at how well they worked compared to the then standard Maglight.  I picked up another a few years back when they were being liquidated from a surplus store.

I still use the original but not for casual use. My everyday is a LED that is crazy bright and half the size. I keep it on my 511 bag. I like the knurling on the 6P and the heft. I just don't carry it in my pocket. I am too lazy to find a case for it too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, I did not know they still made them as incans. I have the original original 6p and still keep it in my night stand but as a back up only.  LED technology is far far superior in every way.  I use Fenix and Olight.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow, I did not know they still made them as incans. I have the original original 6p and still keep it in my night stand but as a back up only.  LED technology is far far superior in every way.  I use Fenix and Olight.
View Quote
They don’t.  For the last few years these have been popping up on the cheap as the government dumps old inventory.  I think most folks value them for what they can become, not how they are out of the box.  It’s a simple thing to swap out the incandescent bulb assembly for an LED drop in and end up with a great little light, IMHO.  As for everything new being “better”, I guess that’s a matter of opinion.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple of the 6P’s and 6PD’s. I still like them and use them all the time. With the LED replacements they been good lights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top