Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2022 2:07:29 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a dedicated suppressed .308 hunting rifle for primarily whitetail. I am looking at either the Bergara Wilderness Ridge Special Purpose or the Sig Cross. I wanted to hear input any of you may have with these rifles. I like the chassis to the Sig Cross and the fact it's set up with similar ergonomics to an ar. But, I am concerned about Sig's quality control and have read a lot of reviews where people have had difficulty with these rifles grouping. I know the Bergara's shoot well.

Most of my hunting is done with factory loaded ammunition. Typically for whitetail I use Horandy Interlocks 150gr or Federal Powershok 150gr bullets.

The suppressors I have been looking at is the AAC Jaeger and SilencerCo Harvester Evo. I'm looking for a direct thread dedicated hunting rifle suppressor. The Evo looks great, is lighter, shorter, and I like that you can purchase separate thread adapters. I would like to hear any experiences you may have with either of these suppressors.

Thanks and I look toward to hearing your input.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No experience with those specific rifles, other than fondling them in the gun shop.  Both seem well-made, but that's all I can say about them.

Having hunted (tree stand, still-hunting, and deer drives) with both AR's and more traditional fudd rifles, I've found that I prefer a more traditional form factor for hunting in most cases.  I'm just not a fan of pistol grips and magazines hanging off my rifle, especially in thicker brush.  Depending on where you hunt, this may not be a big deal.

My current deer rifle is a Ruger Scout with a Sandman-S.  I wish it had a hinged floorplate and weighted about 2 lbs less.  Hopefully my Nomad LT gets approved and my action shows up in time to get the new rig built before deer season.

Best of luck with your decision.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I really enjoy my suppressed Cross in .308. Light and handy, and accurate to boot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 11:41:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#4]
Remington 700 with 16” barrel and TBAC have worked well for me and my kids.  It knocks the hell out of whitetails and hogs.

Easy to carry, shoots well.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Cross that I’m going to use for hunting. I get MOA with factory ammo and a 3-9x scope. Thinking about switching to a 4-12x. The rifle seems to like 168’s the best. I have shot it with a Silencerco Harvester and you can’t hardly tell the can is on it. I’m probably going to buy that suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Steyr Scout and SiCo Hybrid direct threaded.

It's still very loud with 150grn Fusion.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Rem m7 16” for me
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy once cry once,just get a thunder beast ultra 7.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Coopsdaddy:
Buy once cry once,just get a thunder beast ultra 7.
View Quote

Hell yes. Thanks to our retarded legislature and judiciary, a suppressor is an investment. Invest in the best.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#10]
SBR’d Christensen 12.5’ barrel and a SIG 7.62 direct thread.
Gets sub 1” groups with factory. Stupid quiet with subsonic hand loads.
Light and handy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
The Hunt for a Lightweight Hunting Rifle

Love my Cross.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m going to take a closer look at Colt’s new light-weight bolt rifle in .308. It recently got a good review in Am. Rifleman and the suggested price-point wasn’t horrible.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#13]
@ejc204, Did you ever get anything? Asking since this thread is a year old.

Here's a couple of Bergaras I just put together. Haven't even had a chance to shoot the bottom one yet. Both 308, Talley rings, & VTAC lightweight hunting slings. VX-6HD's, 3-18x50 and 2-12x42. SilencerCo EVO and Scythe-Ti.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like we have the same taste. I got a Bergara Ridge SB in 308. I’m running it with a SilencerCo Harvester Evo II Suppressor, Talley rings, and a  Leupold VX3HD 2.5-7x36mm.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FiremanBrad] [#15]
The Cross worked for us this fall!!!  I didn’t read any reviews til after I got one, but it shoots. Hunted with el cheapo federal 150gr soft points that I got on clearance at Walmart a couple yrs back.  Little less than 1.5” group at 100 yds. SiCo Omega 300, Leupold vx3,  2.5-10.

Kid got his first buck during our youth season, 80 yd shot out of a bogpod.
Mine was 110 yd shot.
Love the Cross!!!Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I hunted this year with a Remington Model 7 308 with a SilencerCo Omega. It's a nice little setup for a climbing stand and is accuarte, but is still pretty loud.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ve been hunting with a Ruger Gunsite Scout (GSR) since they were first introduced. It has a 17.25” barrel, synthetic stock, YHM QD suppressor, and Leupold VXII 2-7x33 scope.

After the season that’s wrapping up, I’ve decided to upgrade it a bit. For next season it’s getting a direct thread TBAC Ultra 5, Timney Trigger, and Leupold VX5HD 2-10x44 with illuminated firedot reticle. I’m  looking forward to it as it should be about perfect for my needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top