Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 6:27:10 PM EDT
What can you do with $450, build a greenhouse.

Been meaning to do this for 2 years. Girlfriend finally threw a tantrum about my grow tent being in the living room, so I decided to throw together a budget greenhouse.

It will end up being 10x8 and will be primarily for starting seeds in trays and some early season lettuce and greens production.

Excuse the yard, need to power wash the fence and I got the Kubota stuck and had to drag it out with my truck this morning. Also anyone who tells you that you don’t need a Kubota on 1/4 acre in a downtown metro area is a liar or a fool.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I am impressed you got the Kubota stuck.

Between the diff lock and using the bucket to push backwards I have been trying damn hard but haven’t been able to get my BX23s stuck yet.
Now the F250........that’s been stuck 3 times in the backyard.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am impressed you got the Kubota stuck.

Between the diff lock and using the bucket to push backwards I have been trying damn hard but haven’t been able to get my BX23s stuck yet.
Now the F250........that’s been stuck 3 times in the backyard.
View Quote

It was buried to the axles and the bucket couldn’t lift it out. Not the tractors fault. Should have known better than to run it on soft ground after a rain. I’ve been using permaculture principles on my yard for years alternating chickens and compost and mulch. Soil is thick and soft.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a good start. What plastic will you use for the skin?

Does a greenhouse need added heat at night when starting seeds in Jan? I’m in zone 8 but it will still get into the 40s at night.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Using 6mil greenhouse poly. Don't need a heater for cool weather crops. I'll drape agribon over the tables if it's going to get below freezing and can always throw some lava rock heated in the fire pit in a steel bowl and let it radiate some heat if needed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally making some progress on this thing. Weeks behind schedule but it’s moving forward rapidly now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagging this for inspiration.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
OST
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I need to put in a greenhouse.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I need to do the same . Looking good.  Hit that fence with a 3 to 1 water to bleach solution in a sprayer and that mold will run off.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag for interest!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top