Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2022 9:24:37 PM EDT
Have some work to do in NC and FL but then plan to head to Ohio. The rig isn't fully Ham'd out yet but is setup for temporary Ops. After I get home its going back into the shop for some upgrades.

Last night was a truck stop, tonight is a really nice place called Riverside outside of Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg off of i40. Planning on riding highway 129 tomorrow morning before heading out.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#1]
1/10
No pic of shack setup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Be careful on 129, people there are insane this time of year.  I've ridden i a couple of times on a bike and while it is fun I spent more time watching out for everyone else than enjoying the ride.  I personally prefer the Cherohala Skyway.  It's more sedate and quiet and the scenery is fabulous.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
very cool!

i've been wanting to mount my ham gear in my camper but never got around to it
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be careful on 129, people there are insane this time of year.  I've ridden i a couple of times on a bike and while it is fun I spent more time watching out for everyone else than enjoying the ride.  I personally prefer the Cherohala Skyway.  It's more sedate and quiet and the scenery is fabulous.
View Quote

I got down early enough not too many folks were there. My second pass and final pass to the north was perfect. Didn't get caught behind anyone and only had one sport bike sneak up on me who I let by. Decided to leave on a high note.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top