Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2019 3:04:21 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

We just returned from another great pheasant hunt in Gregory, South Dakota. Despite rain, sleet and brutal high winds, we managed to fill our limit every day. Thanks to Shattuck Hunting for their great guides and dogs. I am still amazed at how these dogs can flush birds from thick cover then recover them when they fall into more dense cover. I've hunted this area for the past 15 years and have a great time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Super cool!! Looks a little cold out there though lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
What dogs? Got a picture of them?
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Orange leg bands?
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Uplandhntr:
Orange leg bands?
View Quote
Those are tags applied by the Outfitter. Required by the South Dakota Fish & Game.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nutpecker:
What dogs? Got a picture of them?
View Quote
We couldn't take any pictures of the birds on the ground with the dogs out.  We had six dogs and two guides.  A few of the dogs were younger and would grab the birds on the ground for the photo so they had to be put up. I did find an image from this trip with a couple of the dogs working the edge of a crop row. This is the best I could do. You may be able to see this dog is wearing goggles.  One of our guides uses these on his dogs to help prevent injuries.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SGT69:

Those are tags applied by the Outfitter. Required by the South Dakota Fish & Game.
View Quote
SDGFP requires tagging of any bird harvested on preserve acres listed under the operation of a licensed shooting preserve.

https://gfp.sd.gov/shooting-preserves/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top