Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 8:11:39 PM EDT
Tried searching and “best” I’ve been able to find is a third party seller on Amazon.  I would prefer to avoid dealing with those as it’s a nightmare if they are scammers.  

I don’t leave the control head in my truck so it goes in and out frequently and I would like to protect the screen as best as possible.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy any cellular phone or tablet screen protector that is large enough, then cut to fit. I did this for my F350 touchscreen so my dog didn't drool all over it and it worked great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy any cellular phone or tablet screen protector that is large enough, then cut to fit. I did this for my F350 touchscreen so my dog didn't drool all over it and it worked great.
View Quote

Thank you! Didn’t think of that
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used Scotch clear vinyl tape (not scotch tape) to make my own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
"Universal screen protectors" exist.  Usually have a grid pattern on the protective film so you can get straight/orthogonal cuts.  Pattern or measure out what you need, then us a sharp x-acto and take your time cutting it out.  
Or measure the device out on a VMS or CMM, create and clean up a DXF, take that file over to the laser cutter and plop a universal screen protector in there, then press the green button to start the job.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top