Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2019 10:06:21 PM EDT
Posted this in the wrong form originally but:

Looking for a 300wm hunting rifle and I think I’ve decided on the Sako. However I’m still torn between the Sako 85 Hunter and the Sako 85 Classic. Does anyone have experience with either of these that could help shed some light.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the only difference is the stock and even that's pretty subtle. The Classic has a straight comb and a rosewood cap and the Hunter has a cheek weld. The Hunter is available in stainless as well. I don't think there's any difference in actions. Myself, I like their Bavarian stock. It's very comfortable for me but it's strictly personal taste.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you had any feeding or extraction problems? I’ve read that some of the new Sakos have that issue
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't but those sort of things can have a lot to do with the caliber being used I think.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont have an 85 but I do shoot the a7 long range 7mm as my deer rifle. I like the synthetic and it's the smoothest action I've had since my mark v weatherby. I have heard great things on the 85s including the triggers out of the box, so either way I wouldn't hesitate at all. To add, I did have slight feeding issues with hornady casings. They were just tight and it was only 2 or 3 of them. I shot the rest of the box no issues, and have since not had any
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you had any feeding or extraction problems? I’ve read that some of the new Sakos have that issue
View Quote
Supposedly the spent cases on long actions fly straight up hitting the scope tube and back into the actions.  A friend of mine has a 375 H&H that he says does it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Supposedly the spent cases on long actions fly straight up hitting the scope tube and back into the actions.  A friend of mine has a 375 H&H that he says does it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what I have heard also, long actions only. I never had any trouble with my 308 hunter. My black bear 308 with 1-6x scope is my favorite rifle.Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top