Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2018 11:42:25 AM EDT
Anybody use cur dogs for bear?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
We hunt with Plotts around here.  Great for bear and hogs!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Lacy dog that I bought for my wife and son to run with. The dog wants to run or bay anything he can. We took him down to Fla. and worked him some. He did pretty good for having skipped any pen work. My problem is that I have to travel to get to pigs but have bears in my own state
and have never read anything about them being used for bears. Basically the dog wants to work and I don't want to waste that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 19Charlie278:
We hunt with Plotts around here.  Great for bear and hogs!
View Quote
19Charlie, I haven't spent any time around Plotts but everything that I've read makes me think I would like them.
I live east of the blue ridge. You don't see them in the low lands.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not familiar with lacy dogs, but Kemmer's and Stephen's will both make pretty good bear dogs as far as curs go.  It couldn't hurt to try it.  
Plott's and other hounds are pretty much the standard for bears.  
Mixed bred mountain curs are what I see around AL for hog dogs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I just wish I could GET my walker deer dogs to quit running the damn things!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top