Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2022 8:29:37 AM EDT
Some questions to those who have rented out some property for someone to camp in an RV or if you've rented out a private campsite.

I've got an unimproved 5 acres that is sitting unused that I was thinking I could rent out to someone to boondock on in central Florida.  It's heavily wooded and covered in pine and turkey oak trees and in a quiet area. There are no utilities currently but there is a cleared site in the middle big enough for a truck and trailer to turn around in.  

Would there be any demand for that from the RV community?  

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, advertise up North, it won’t last long.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering same only because I live in the path of the coming total eclipse and have an extra 2 acre field.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
advertise on hipcamp.   they'll take a cut of your revenue, but they provide insurance to you.
they have some fb groups for "hosts" like you, and you can read the mostly good but some horror stories about renter behavior
i rented some spots on my land for a couple years and never had a bad experience, but i'd talk to the guests awhile before they showed up

jack your rate up $$$ for eclipse week and be sure to note you're in the path
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Forget that, wrong link
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are no utilities currently
View Quote

Not having electricity is no big deal nowadays. Everyone owns a solar panel or two.

However, not having a place to dump the holding tanks (and to a lesser extent, refill the fresh water tanks) is going to be a deal-breaker for a lot of folks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not having electricity is no big deal nowadays. Everyone owns a solar panel or two.

However, not having a place to dump the holding tanks (and to a lesser extent, refill the fresh water tanks) is going to be a deal-breaker for a lot of folks.
View Quote

It's FLORIDA.. A/C is a must most of the year... at least it is for me. I own an RV because I know who used the bathroom last, and what they did, and because my days.. or nights as it were, of sleeping, or trying to, in heat/cold/wet/steamy/humid etc etc... ended a while back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top