Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2022 5:07:41 PM EDT
We are lining up our summer trips and would like to hit the Outer Banks.  Any suggestions of what’s there, also good food locations to hit?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
We have camped at Camp Hatteras and we enjoyed that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have camped at Camp Hatteras and we enjoyed that.
View Quote

Cant comment on Camp Hatteras, but we love that part of the Outer Banks (southern) and vacation down there every year. We have stayed in Hatteras, Frisco, Rodanthe, and Buxton and all are nice areas.  I remember a few campgrounds I saw in Rodanthe last year that might be worth looking into

Hatteras Island is more laid back and less crowded than the northern towns like Corolla, Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, and Duck
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Oregon Inlet campground is the one I use most.  It's cheap and good, walking distance to the beach and the sound.  It's right across the island from the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center if you want to launch a boat or do some wade fishing in the sound.  It's like 100 feet from a OHV access if you like driving on the beach.  No open fires but the campsites have grills.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
We've stayed at the KOA and Camp Hatteras and enjoyed both.
At the KOA we were ocean front. Easy access to the beach but a lot of people.
At Camp Hatteras we got sound front. Much quieter and awesome sunsets but we had to drive to go walk the beach. Didn't really mind though as we would head south and park at one of the off-road ramps and walk in from there since there was less foot traffic.
We're actual heading back there next week and really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I stayed at Camp Hatteras last year. It was a nice campground. I also had to drive to the beach since I was on the sound side of the campground. It wasn't an issue driving across the street to the parking lot for beach access. It's a great spot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Frisco campground is the one you want.   On the sound side so it’s very breezy .  The whole campground is in the woods so there is lots of shade and privacy.  Pool and camp store is pretty decent as well .
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Will be at Frisco in a couple of weeks. Glad to hear we made a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
We will be in Rodnathe the week of the 18th which is a little north of Frisco, but have stayed there before

Frisco Rod and Gun is the only gun shop down there i believe  They sell fishing gear as well.

You are really close to Hatteras as well.  Haterras Sol is a very good restaurant down there.  They also do charters out of the marina in Hatteras if you are into that.  Ferry to Ocracoke island is a decent day trip on the free ferry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top