Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2023 8:28:39 PM EDT
Replaced my Shimano Sienna 1000 with another one last year.  Less than one summers use and bail arm won't fully return to it's lowest position.

I think it was around $30.  Not willing to get another one.  Hit me with some recommendations.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been very happy with my daiwa fuego that was around $100.  Its been well absused amd has held up well for 2 seasons. If your looking for a buy once cry once Id reccomend the stradic ci4.  Its a beast but about double that cost- but well worth it.  Ive also got a lews mach 2 on my dropshot rod that has been solid, but cant attest to it a whole bunch because i hate drop shotting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That one sounds pretty decent.  My local sporting good place even has one.  I’ll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#3]
Shimano Nasci
Shimano Sedona

Theyre pretty much the same, but the Nasci is more protected from saltwater. $10 difference
Shimano Miravel at $130 if you desire CI4
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ci4 is gone.  
Been replaced by the vanford.  About $230.

Personally id drop another hundo and pick up a stradic.  I have two. Replaced all bushing with bearings, added carbontex drag washers.  $199

I picked up the new miravel
500. Put it on a daiwa presso travel rod.  About $130.  Taking it to owens river in a few weeks so we shall see.  It is light.

My friend has had 2 nasci’s for three years.  No issues.  About $100.

Also check out the ultegra, $150.  

I have daiwa baitcasters, no spinning reels. cant help you there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ed51:
Ci4 is gone.  
Been replaced by the vanford.  About $230.

Personally id drop another hundo and pick up a stradic.  I have two. Replaced all bushing with bearings, added carbontex drag washers.  $199

I picked up the new miravel
500. Put it on a daiwa presso travel rod.  About $130.  Taking it to owens river in a few weeks so we shall see.  It is light.

My friend has had 2 nasci's for three years.  No issues.  About $100.

Also check out the ultegra, $150.  

I have daiwa baitcasters, no spinning reels. cant help you there.
View Quote

Ci4+ is a Shimano technology, not a reel. Vanford has been around for an little bit.
The Miravel is Ci4+, but not salt water suitable (if that matters).
Vanford is Ci4+, and is saltwater suitable.
Nasci is not Ci4, but is saltwater suitable.

I have the Nasci 2500, Miravel 1000, and Sedona 1000.
Miravel is nice and smooth. Grewt feeling reel for $130.
Nasci is about the same, but I use it for inshore and freshwater.
Sedona isn't bad. $75.

The Miravel and Sedona 1000 sits on my light and ultralight panfish/trout rods

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GreenLantern:
Replaced my Shimano Sienna 1000 with another one last year.  Less than one summers use and bail arm won't fully return to it's lowest position.

I think it was around $30.  Not willing to get another one.  Hit me with some recommendations.
View Quote

This is no different than Chevy, Ford, or Dodge.

In my opinion Shimano makes the best spinning reels out there, period. There's plenty of good ones out there, but they're all battling for second.   In my experience, the best one for under $100 is the Sahara.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top