Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2019 1:39:48 PM EDT
We have tractor on the hunting property and need some bucket forks.  We don't move much pallet stuff but we have two pallet tanks we use and a few other things we could put on pallets if we had forks for the tractor.  The heaviest thing we would pick in one of the pallet tanks and that would be ~2000lbs though I doubt we ever fill one that full as that would be hard to haul into or out of the property with our present trucks.

What do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thread...

The consensus was you'll bend your loader bucket.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thread...

The consensus was you'll bend your loader bucket.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm getting an adapter to convert from a 4 pin mounting system to skid loader, and just buying skid loader forks/hayspear and a new skid steer loader bucket.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright so skipping the bucket mounted forks

What do you guys think of Titan Attachments?

They have a 36" 42" and 48" fork sets that will go on our John Deere load quick mount and are about 1/4 the price of the John Deere forks.

https://www.palletforks.com/united-attachments-48-fork-frame-w-receiver-spear-sleeves-and-headache-rack.html  (link to 48 inch version)
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a set of titan forks on my 1 series.   For the price, they are great.   No problems in the 2 years I’ve had them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a set of titans, and they worked good until I put a toothbar on the bucket.

You'll need a lot of rear ballast.  Bucket forks really extend the load out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They have a 36" 42" and 48" fork sets that will go on our John Deere load quick mount and are about 1/4 the price of the John Deere forks.

https://www.palletforks.com/united-attachments-48-fork-frame-w-receiver-spear-sleeves-and-headache-rack.html  (link to 48 inch version)
View Quote
I have their 42in, non back plated version for my 2305.

Extremely solid.

Also have 2 sets of skidloader ones. Equally as solid.

Highly recommend Titan for their price.  The finish isn't as nice as say JD/frontier in terms of paint or welding. But the important parts will certainly hold up fine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Extremely solid.

Highly recommend Titan for their price.  The finish isn't as nice as say JD/frontier in terms of paint or welding. But the important parts will certainly hold up fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extremely solid.

Thanks for the feedback.  That is what I am looking for.  They will not get used allot so I did not what to spend John Deere prices.  Ugly but functional is just fine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the cheapest fixed 46" titan forks. Ive beat on them and done alot of things with them.

WELL worth the 269 shipped I spent. ymmv
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I was looking at that same setup for my 5055.  My primary purpose was moving round bales, with pallet moving being the secondary purpose.  I decided instead to go with this hay spear: Titan Spear

I realize that you are not needing to move bales, but I know folks that use their double spear (i.e. don't use the third spear that comes with the unit I linked) for pallet moving.  I know these spears are not as robust as forks, but I think for occasional use, they are plenty heavy enough.  That said, the spear I linked would put the two bottom spears at a 36" OC spacing.  I did not check to see if that will work on the pallets that I have.  I know the unit that you linked would be more adjustable and would be the better pallet mover, I would think your specific needs would determine if it was worth the extra $200.

I got my spear assembled a few days ago, but I neglected to take a pic.  I'll try to take a few pics tonight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, there is a little additional info in a thread that I made a few weeks back.  Again, my topic was spears instead of forks, but there is a lot of overlap in the info.

Spear Thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top