Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2018 10:49:17 PM EDT
Got my Elk back from last fall's hunt and ready for him to go to his new home above my fireplace.

Question:  What kind of tricks do some of you use to mount taxidermy this heavy?

I have whitetail deer heads, but they weigh 35# - this dude weighs 125#+.  I know I can just use a lag bolt and it's rated for far more than that in just standard sheetrock, but thought I would ask to see who has other/better options and make sure there isn't something i'm missing.  My primary concern is how much weight is away from the wall, out towards the nose where alot of the antler weight is.

Anyways, what says the hive?

A few pics:

Finally found him after having to let him sit over night:

Attachment Attached File

Ready to start getting the goods out:

Attachment Attached File

Packing him out....:

Attachment Attached File

....over and across this...

Attachment Attached File
\

After he was delivered and before I uncrated him a few weeks ago:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The back should be slotted for a lag bolt and washer. Just make sure you center punch a stud and you are fine.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The back should be slotted for a lag bolt and washer. Just make sure you center punch a stud and you are fine.

Good luck!
View Quote
This covers it. And congrats.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!
Sounds good - it is slotted and has metal reinforcing for a lag bolt/washer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top