Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2020 12:21:17 PM EDT
Are they worth using?

I have seen many under $100 used. I can see their limitations and still needing a good backpack blower to move leaves, but considering buying one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one - it's not really great for working leaves out of bushes unless someone else is raking the spot you're blowing, but on straightaways mine moves a lot of leaves.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Neighbor had one....Seemed to work good if pushed in straight lines.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
They move a lot of leaves

They work well with a person with a backpack blower, backpacks aren’t great for longer pushes, so the walk behind helps with that

5hp minimum, 8-10hp better, but bigger than that sucks to push
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 1:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They move a lot of leaves

They work well with a person with a backpack blower, backpacks aren’t great for longer pushes, so the walk behind helps with that

5hp minimum, 8-10hp better, but bigger than that sucks to push
View Quote

Pro landscaper here.....

It’s one of those right tools for the right situation/job things, used in the correct application they are fantastic.   They will move piles of leaves in open terrain.  Team with a rake/ backpack blower for more production also low wind and dry weather conditions really help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top