Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 7:35:20 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
Ordered a cheap laptop just to use for CHIRP, QRZ and LoTW. I ended up with this cable that came with a radio from GigaParts that was DOA and never used. Anyway this cable has the "Kenwood" style connector and was intended to program the QRZ/GigaParts radios for CHIRP so will it work for Baofengs or is there actually a different one required?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Should work
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Dumb question maybe; did you check the DOA radio for a plastic cover on the battery connection where it would touch the pins on the radio?

Pretty sure one of my chinese HTs came like that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it was just a very cheap radio and if I'm not mistaken they have pretty wide spread problems with the soldering in them. I guess the cable will be worth the cost if it works with Baofengs, I'll find out this evening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top