Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2020 1:40:01 PM EDT
I am buying an electronic caller in the very near future. After looking around, it seems the FOXPRO HammerJack would be a very good choice.

Yes or No?

EDIT: Main expectation is hunting Wile E Coyote in central and eastern KY. Some of the fields I can hunt allow me to see 800 yards to the tree line, some are only about an acre.

I will say I am a buy once, cry once guy most days. In this case I would need some convincing to go over $300.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
what animals will you be calling?

what distances will you be hunting and calling at?

whats your overall budget?

always go bigger than you think you need.  case in point... i had a FoxPro Wildfire II.  i thought it was going to be big enough for my needs.  first outing, i realized it was extremely under powered for my hunting circumstances.  so I upgraded to the Shockwave.  i still have it and love it.  better remote, better sound, moveable speakers, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what animals will you be calling?

what distances will you be hunting and calling at?

whats your overall budget?

always go bigger than you think you need.  case in point... i had a FoxPro Wildfire II.  i thought it was going to be big enough for my needs.  first outing, i realized it was extremely under powered for my hunting circumstances.  so I upgraded to the Shockwave.  i still have it and love it.  better remote, better sound, moveable speakers, etc, etc.
View Quote

What he said,  you can always turn the volume down,  but not crank up 11...
Learned it from snow goose hunting,
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, so does the Hammerjack have a lot of volume?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, so does the Hammerjack have a lot of volume?
View Quote

That's pretty subjective, IMO.

I like the Shockwave's ability to point speakers and the TX1000 remote is awesome. I can feel the buttons with gloves much better than the Hammer Jack remote. But that's all preference. However, I only have experience on a couple of FoxPro callers.

So, what are you hunting?

What distances are you calling to?

What's your budget?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top