Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2021 1:51:18 PM EDT
I have an old cell phone to use as a close range predator call. Mostly fox, but have seen a coyote on the cameras since february.  First time in 10 years.  I'm thinking of putting an old cell phone in a rabbit fur hat in the open, setting up on it from a blind or tree stand dawn/dusk (at least until I get set up completely for NV hunting).  Is there an app that has a time delay ("lead") before the calling starts, so that I can place the decoy/call, then get set up and wait until the world forgets I'm there before the rabbit squeals start?  Any place to find a media file such as this?  It's not a full time thing.  I don't want the pelts either, just keeping the population down since we have chickens/goats.  I've seen predator calls with remote for sale. Just don't want to invest too much into this, although it seems predator hunting could be exciting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe a bluetooth speaker and keep your cell phone in the blind with you. That would enable you to switch up the calls or trigger it at will.
https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Dimension-Wildlife-Calls-Electronic/dp/B01BE8IKNU
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Varmint Al has several sounds and a time delay no sound option. Look under the coyote hunting section for free sounds. An amplified speaker would be much better than just a phone speaker.

Hand/mouth calls can be found cheap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top