Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2022 5:53:42 PM EDT
I have a FT-3DR and I’d like to connect it to a Peltor headset. I’m sure that someone has done this, but connection wise I don’t have a clue. I don’t have the Peltor yet, so I’ve got a few questions.

Is there any specific Peltor headset that works best for this?  It’s going to be connected to an Ops Core ballistic helmet and I like Peltor headsets. I have the helmet, and I have just a plain headset (no mic) so I want to stick with Peltor headsets that are either already setup for attaching to the helmet or can be taken apart to do so.

What do I need in the way of connectors to make this work?  

Yes, I was in Special Forces, but I was in before all of this cool stuff came out, so I’m basically lost putting this together and don’t want to buy the wrong stuff. I don’t want a separate headset from the helmet as I want to take it off and put it on as a whole unit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
@Paradude54

Here you go...

https://www.disco32.com/collections/push-to-talks/products/u94-a-yaesu-right-angle

https://www.disco32.com/collections/push-to-talks/products/u94-a-yaesu-right-angle
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I need!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Earmor also has good options that are priced good. I'm currently using a headset and both K style (baofeng) and Motorola style (Yaesu ft-65r), but they have many other connections. Here is your (I believe) Yaesu model PTT

The muffs are comfortable and seem to work well. 22db is not peltor level but comparable to other commercial ear pro, I've use HL and Walker. I have comtac iii ear pro so I can compare. I'm volunteering as a rangemaster so I'm putting some serious time on the line with shooting.

Yes it's airsoft but like I said, it's working. The chords are stout, and I'm not babying them.

HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top