Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2019 8:45:09 PM EDT
Looking for tips or resources to finding private land to hog hunt in Columbus, GA area. I don't mind driving a few hours for a successful hunt.

I hunt coyotes under night vision in the Midwest and I'm moving down to Columbus area for work. I'd like to help any land owners with a hog problem, but I am not sure how to find the land. In the Midwest, you just ask neighbors/friends/farmers if you can shoot coyotes on their land and most are open to it.

Respectful and ethical hunter with night vision, PEQs, IR floodlights, and I hunt suppressed.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe place an ad in the farmer newspaper offering wild hog abatement.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
There’s lots of folks looking for places to hunt rt now . Not sure about Georgia exactly but I’m sure it’s the same as here . Everybody that owns a pulsar is a dealer, “knows a guy” or has a “thermal guide svc” . Competition for access is steep.  Get folks stopping by all the time and offering to help out. If you mention fixing fence they leave pretty quick.  If you find a place , try to form a mutually beneficial relationship with the owner as opposed to just asking to kill pigs .  Real help around the place is always appreciated, and in the long run will open more doors.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you. I use to help with wood and odd jobs around a farmers land in Minnesota. In return, I could use his gun range and hunt coyotes. I did land a guy with 500 acres that would let me do whatever I wanted, as long as I killed coyotes.

My fingers are crossed that I can manage to build some good relationships down there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There’s lots of folks looking for places to hunt rt now . Not sure about Georgia exactly but I’m sure it’s the same as here . Everybody that owns a pulsar is a dealer, “knows a guy” or has a “thermal guide svc” . Competition for access is steep.  Get folks stopping by all the time and offering to help out. If you mention fixing fence they leave pretty quick.  If you find a place , try to form a mutually beneficial relationship with the owner as opposed to just asking to kill pigs .  Real help around the place is always appreciated, and in the long run will open more doors.
View Quote
At least have them bring loads of beef jerky...
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
My Dad had a buddy that helped for years around our farm, only payment he wanted was to hunt and shoot. Most around here lease it out now and use the funds to pay for some help. Good places to hunt are really drying up in my area as my county has been in the top ten fastest growing in the country several times in the last decade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top