Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:20:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fulminate] [#1]
unless you need the extra noise from a clacker or beads, I wouldn't bother with swivels or beads for your everyday carolina rig.

My carolina rig is a bobber stopper above and below a tungsten weight. It cuts down on stuff necessary to rig the carolina rig and it makes it adjustable. The added benefit is if I decide to change over to a texas rig, it's just a matter of moving the weight and bobber stopper down to the hook.

Bobber Stoppers: https://cdn3.volusion.com/9j7vu.jw4f2/v/vspfiles/photos/EagleClaw-BobberStop-2.jpg?1517499800
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the Deep south, so couldn't offer any advice for Maine. I'm quite sure there may be plenty of Youtube fishing channels that cover your region.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Just use your line no need for leader.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Most any lightweight spinning reel combo with light line will work for just starting out.  No need to get too advanced with a lot of useless stuff you don't need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top