Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2021 8:56:32 AM EDT
Looking for an mid to upper end mountain rifle.   As much as I could build one I would like a factory option.  I had wanted a Barrett FieldCraft, but it seems it will be a while before they come back if ever.  

So back to the search and the point do this thread.  Came across Noslers new 21 model. Looks very interesting.  High quality components at a more than fair prices (GB is well below MSRP) at ~7lbs.  I think what I like most is there are 8 or 9 caliber options.  

https://www.nosler.com/model-21-rifles.html

Speaking of which I’m considering 6.5 PRC over 6.5 CM that I run now.  Just not sure it’s really worth the upgrade.  

I love choices!
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice rifle but it's competing in the nicely equipped Sako price range. I've looked at a couple of Nosler's at the LGS and was a bit underwhelmed at the perceived value and feel. I get that it's expected to be a tight shooter but so is the competition in that category.
And I totally agree that having choice's is good. Will be watching for some hands on review.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a bunch of choices these days.  I’m looking at the sig cross.  SA waypoint is another.  Even that damn cheap Ruger American is a shooter.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a cross, haven’t carried it to the field yet. It is a slick set up, but I like the traditional aspect of the stock.  

I’ve not looked hard at sako, I am off to do that now.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Tikkas have a big following too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Your right, I love Tikka, but they need to get with it and realize folks are changing their stocks quicker than any other brand.  They have an opportunity to do what Barrett did and now Nosler with the Carbon fiber Mountain type rifle.

I would buy that in a heart beat.  I like the fact that Nosler is bedding from the factory, that also isn’t sent on many production rifles these days.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a nice rifle.  

I opted for a 6.5 PRC.  Its a dream to shoot, and I just shot a deer with it.  143grn eldx was devastating.  Ray Charles could have followed the blood trail.  But it only ran about 25 yards so no real need to trail it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The PRC is worth the upgrade from the creedmoor. If you can get the ammo.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I secured 400 rds before I hit purchase on the rifle.  Same for the scope.  I didn't want to buy a new gun that I couldn't shoot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish I would have done that!  I just ordered the Nosler 21 in 6.5 PRC.  Will post feedback when received.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish I would have done that!  I just ordered the Nosler 21 in 6.5 PRC.  Will post feedback when received.

Thanks,
Josh
View Quote

Sweet.  Can't wait to hear about it.  If I come across more ammo, I will send you a message.  Gunbroker seems to have plenty, but you will be paying dearly for it......
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s excellent. Stock up on ammo when you can. The round is fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
And she is here!  Absolutely could not be more pleased.  Low SN, under 100.  Fit and finish is exceptional.  It is a firearm that honestly will last a lifetime.  Not often does a firearm especially ones constructed of synthetic and fiberglass stocks, however the Nosler has a different feel.  It isn’t like the Kimbers,  it has enough weight that it feels solid.  It is balanced well with a thicker profile barrel than the FieldCraft.  

Again could not be more pleased.  Now it’s time for optics choice.  I do agree with comments on Rokslide that the scope based are a tad bit high.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn you! know I want one....  That serial number under 100 is pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
It’s a no brainer “assuming it shoots” for what I paid.  I got one from the GunDock, but didn’t use the GB option and sent straight to their website it saved crazy sales tax  of nearly 10%.  Im out the door 1650, again no brainer.  The lack of ammo is insane.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It’s a no brainer “assuming it shoots” for what I paid.  I got one from the GunDock, but didn’t use the GB option and sent straight to their website it saved crazy sales tax  of nearly 10%.  Im out the door 1650, again no brainer.  The lack of ammo is insane.
View Quote

I just got some brass from shooters pro shop. If you handload you may check them out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I might have to give you some ammo just so you can tell us how it shoots……

I really friggin like how that thing looks, and I’d bet money she is a shooter!!

The action reminds me a lot of the bergara I just got. I will have to take a closer look when I get home this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And she is here!  Absolutely could not be more pleased.  Low SN, under 100.  Fit and finish is exceptional.  It is a firearm that honestly will last a lifetime.  Not often does a firearm especially ones constructed of synthetic and fiberglass stocks, however the Nosler has a different feel.  It isn’t like the Kimbers,  it has enough weight that it feels solid.  It is balanced well with a thicker profile barrel than the FieldCraft.  

Again could not be more pleased.  Now it’s time for optics choice.  I do agree with comments on Rokslide that the scope based are a tad bit high.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333209/D32E9587-D343-45AC-B32E-DF75C45EA7BB_jpe-2197106.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333209/9F93C135-7021-4561-B524-7E3741810530_jpe-2197114.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333209/48F7E5DD-BAC1-4BB4-86DD-72155A6A5090_jpe-2197115.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333209/B90F3AED-77B7-422B-BF05-72D156B7A942_jpe-2197116.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333209/0F6AD76B-8003-4109-8C8F-B01927C0BAD2_jpe-2197117.JPG
View Quote

@Knoxp9090

How does she shoot??
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Dumpster Fire.  Not sure how it shot, got a refund from Nosler.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/nosler-model-21.240774/
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dumpster Fire.  Not sure how it shot, got a refund from Nosler.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/nosler-model-21.240774/
View Quote

Can we get a quicker, non 25 page, synopsis???????
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can we get a quicker, non 25 page, synopsis???????
View Quote

@3BP

I read it all last night.

Folks who order 6.5 PRC (all of them, it seems, though there were 3-4 vocal including the OP here) had near total failure to consistently load roads, particularly 2nd round in a 3 round load.

Nosler CS repeatedly gave incorrect timelines, and false or misleading information that the 3-4 posters were able to cross reference against their own information and what he or they were telling them. They were getting conflicting info.

It took nosier a couple months to resolve the issue. They had the wrong magazine style for this cartridge, it was way too finicky. The fix included magazine, follower and stock modifications and possibly even receiver milling.

The 3-4 posters including our OP were all fed up with the poor communication and have sworn off the rifle.

I feel that the issue appears resolved, and the 3-4 posters ended up in a self-accelerating spiral of being pissed off. I’m not saying they shouldn’t have been pissed, but to be honest if I bought a brand new low serial number rifle, and sent it back, and had it back in 4/6 weeks (which the timeline seems to show on posts) and it worked I probably would have walked away happy. December to February isn’t exactly putting you behind on a fall hunting plan. But with some of the posters calling for updates on a daily basis and then posting when their VMs weren’t returned by that evening led to everyone agreeing that they should be super pissed.

Again, I understand if it left a sour taste in OPs mouth. But if these 4 individuals had each just sent in the rifle, and got it back working 6 weeks later, without internet boards and calling CS frequently in between, I imagine they’d be shooting a fine and accurate rifle today.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks.  That's a shame.  Damn fine LOOKING rifle, from a reputable name.

Guess I will stick with my Bergara in 6.5PRC.  

Im starting to look for a rifle for the 300PRC ammo I have acquired, and guess I can check this one off the list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top