Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 10:50:51 AM EDT
i havent fished in years. Now i live in utah and i want to go hit a few mountain lakes. Can yall recommend me a cheap decent setup?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Shimano on an Ugly Stik have always worked well for me
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Would i be ok hitting up pawn shops to get a cheap rig like that or should i just but new?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to be targeting a specific species and what is considered cheap? Also, spinning or baitcaster? There are several spinning combos for $50-80 at Bass Pro that are decent as well as baitcaster combos, but those will likely be $100+ for something decent that will last. All depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
as an extra rig, I pick up a Abu Garcia (Jorden Lee bait caster combo)...100 bucks at Cabelas.. Nice reel and rod for the green
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking for trout and greyling. Theres also kokanee.

Cheap to me is under 100 bucks for rod and reel
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up one of the Lew's inshore spinning combos at BPS for $80 for my girlfriend and it's pretty nice. I'm not crazy about their baitcasters, but that spinning reel on there felt pretty good and she loves it. It was the 7' medium light, which would probably be a fun lighter action for those species.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top