Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2019 5:13:57 PM EDT
I just posted this in my Elk Hunting thread, but it was a good enough deal that I thought more people would see it here. Plus, it seems like someone is always looking for a pack. If this isn't allowed, just remove the post.

Sale on Mystery Ranch Metcalf: $393.75
LINK

You get 10% off for subscribing to their emails. This is the code I used, but I'm not sure if it will work more than once: SVYAJVH25BG6

Grand Total:
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple vendors who sell discontinued colors at decent discounts. Ordered one and it was oos so they sent me a current color. I didn’t complain, very nice pack!
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I love Metcalf. It’s a great pack. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got an email from Go Hunt... this pack is back on sale for $393.75
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I finally started using my Metcalf this season. Feels like an extension of my body. Haven’t weighed it down yet but I have no doubt it will perform.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#5]
I just got an email with mystery ranch sale items. Good deals if you are in the market.

https://www.blackovis.com/on-sale/on-sale-packs?brand=2698&trk_msg=LGM8S2O2GM44P6PH8QBCH62OE8&trk_contact=LUF8E5SC25475Q09T2BKL24NA0&trk_sid=QD1KE016L285KDN526UNJ738FG&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=MYSTERY+RANCH+SALE&utm_campaign=Gear+Insider+Promos&utm_content=Gear+Insider+Promos+01032020
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:00:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riflenoob] [#6]
I have been using mine for hiking.

I don’t know how this board feels about AlienGear but I hope this gives an idea to fellow Metcalf or similar pack users.

My all -day daily IWB is a Crossbreed Supertuck.

However I just picked up the AlienGear Molle for my pack, I’ve only had it for about 30 minutes but I like it a lot! Everything the videos say are true. There are haters but I think for niche needs (like carrying a waist belt pack) they can fill some of them. I look forward to getting a paddle and vehicle dash mount also,
Then it will cover everything from driving, to hiking with pack on, to lunch breaks, glassing, and camp chores on paddle mount. The additional mounts, or “expansion packs”, seem to be mostly around $15.

ShapeShift Molle Holster - Carry with PALS Webbing | Alien Gear

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It is a little far back from my normal position, but on the waist belt too far forward was interfering with my natural “arm gait”. Also, it looked fairly aggressive for use hiking in state parks. This is practically concealed carry for anyone not passing me on the right.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riflenoob:
I have been using mine for hiking.

I don’t know how this board feels about AlienGear but I hope this gives an idea to fellow Metcalf or similar pack users.

My all -day daily IWB is a Crossbreed Supertuck.

However I just picked up the AlienGear Molle for my pack, I’ve only had it for about 30 minutes but I like it a lot! Everything the videos say are true. There are haters but I think for niche needs (like carrying a waist belt pack) they can fill some of them. I look forward to getting a paddle and vehicle dash mount also,
Then it will cover everything from driving, to hiking with pack on, to lunch breaks, glassing, and camp chores on paddle mount. The additional mounts, or “expansion packs”, seem to be mostly around $15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOw_U4tWkw

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418755/FFBBC78E-3B12-448D-ADF0-D1C62F94CEDC_jpe-1254424.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418755/091A64BF-8729-4DD6-AAFB-A2A86C61F760_jpe-1254427.JPG

It is a little far back from my normal position, but on the waist belt too far forward was interfering with my natural “arm gait”. Also, it looked fairly aggressive for use hiking in state parks. This is practically concealed carry for anyone not passing me on the right.
View Quote
Good to know. I looked into doing something like that, but I ended up using the Kifaru Gun Bearer so I couldn't put a sidearm there... but for bow season this would work perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riflenoob] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbye:

Good to know. I looked into doing something like that, but I ended up using the Kifaru Gun Bearer so I couldn't put a sidearm there... but for bow season this would work perfectly.
View Quote
Must be nice to be in a Free State.

In Virginia, Open carry is forbidden while bow hunting if it is bow-only season. However, concealed carry is allowed.

18, 19, and 20 years olds may legally possess handguns in Virginia. However, they may not legally conceal carry.

Therefore, a 19 year old may carry his openly carried self defense handgun to:
church
Walmart
Restaurant

But not to:
the woods while hunting

I have gone round and round with legislators and VDGIF on this! However, now VCDL has too many other things on the table to be bothered by this. I don’t know why but it really sticks in my craw even though it does not directly affect me. They need to a) eliminate the conceal - only requirement
Or
B) exempt 18-20 year olds from the concealed only requirement
Or
C) allow 18-20 year olds to conceal carry while bow hunting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top