Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/7/2019 10:48:19 PM EDT
Planted some Tomatoes, red/green peppers, and habaneros this season. Never grew any vegetables before. it is sort of exciting. If it goes well, I might make a decent sized plot for more plant. Hopefully I won't screw it all up.

Planted may 13th.

-------------
1 of these (middle plant)

2 of these

1 Juliet grape tomatoes in pot

----------------

Growth as of today  6/7/19

Juliet Grape Tomatoes
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I am using this for fertilizer. Mixed it into the soil when planting.

Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck. I have tried several times to grow plants and herbs and stuff. I have a black thumb. Even with the shit that auto waters it when it need it. Nope doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck. I have tried several times to grow plants and herbs and stuff. I have a black thumb. Even with the shit that auto waters it when it need it. Nope doesn't work for me.
View Quote
That is what I am afraid of. My luck will be right before I get beautiful giant red tomatoes. Then they all turn black and rot off the vine in a day.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 4 tomatoe plants 2 jalapeno. The birds destroy them at the slightest red color.

Any advice to keep the birds off? I have a peach tree which also attracts the birds. They get about 70% of those too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 2:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have 4 tomatoe plants 2 jalapeno. The birds destroy them at the slightest red color.

Any advice to keep the birds off? I have a peach tree which also attracts the birds. They get about 70% of those too.
View Quote
Maybe a net?  
https://www.amazon.com/CandyHome-Protection-Seedlings-Vegetables-Reusable/dp/B07L6W8HBL/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=tree+net&qid=1559977300&s=gateway&sr=8-7
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don’t know the species already, start by IDing the birds. Most birds in the US are protected by Federal law, but a handful of native species can be harvested if they’re doing crop damage and several introduced species have no protection whatsoever. Birds scare better when they’re dead ??.

My first attempts at gardening on my farm failed, but this summer I’m doing pretty good. I think a person learns more from what doesn’t work than from what does sometimes. I did anyhow.

After I failed a couple of seasons, I read a book written by a master gardener with north Florida experience and it made all of the difference.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you don’t know the species already, start by IDing the birds. Most birds in the US are protected by Federal law, but a handful of native species can be harvested if they’re doing crop damage and several introduced species have no protection whatsoever. Birds scare better when they’re dead ??.

My first attempts at gardening on my farm failed, but this summer I’m doing pretty good. I think a person learns more from what doesn’t work than from what does sometimes. I did anyhow.

After I failed a couple of seasons, I read a book written by a master gardener with north Florida experience and it made all of the difference.
View Quote
I've got doves, english sparrows, barn swallows, grackles. My red rider doesn't even keep up. They are not detered by their friends dead bodies either.

Makes me want to give up and let the plants die off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Only birds I see at my home are Ohio Robins and the occasional cardinal and blue jay. I do have tree squirrels however. Brown ones and black ones. Not sure if they will be a problem or not.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Read a tip today on birds.  Supposedly, most birds are not attacking your tomatoes for the fruit. But the water inside. Putting a bird bath nearby or some water source for the birds will make your plants less tempting. Worth a try I guess. Not sure if this is bird species dependent.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Trim up the bottom leaves on those tomato plants.They need air flow or you're gonna get blight.

Kind of a long vid,but decent info.

Complete Comprehensive Guide to Growing Tomatoes - Care, fertilizing, staking, pruning, and MORE!
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Trim up the bottom leaves on those tomato plants.They need air flow or you're gonna get blight.

Kind of a long vid,but decent info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5D1Y3sBoI
View Quote
Thanks!  I did trim them up some early on but maybe I need to go higher?

Plants are doing fairly well.  Alrady have some of the juliet tomatoes coming in and some small ones just starting to form on the 3 larger tomato plants.

Attachment Attached File

Juliet grape tomatoes above in pot
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking good. You’re gonna enjoy the results.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Any concern my pot for my Juliet tomatoes is too small?
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any concern my pot for my Juliet tomatoes is too small?
View Quote
Can’t tell the size, but I think you’re okay, especially if you fertilize. It’s not hard to repot, but I don’t see your rootball outgrowing that pot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Check out this crazy Juliet tomato. Looks like 3 coming out of the same flower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok. Some updates on my plants for those interested.

Juliet tomatoes are doing good.  I did have two branched and its leaves get some kind of fungus. Was sort of a black color and spotty. Pulled them off. Other then that lot of tomatoes coming in. Some rather large. I also gave it a bigger pot.

My green and red bell peppers are doing okay as well. Plants are much smaller then I expected, but the peppers are growing. About 3-4 on each plant so far. With more on the way. Plant on left is well ahead of the other.

My habanero plant is slowly growing. Not sure if it's Ohio weather or the hanging planter pot. We will see.

My large tomato pants are getting big and already has some decent sized tomatoes growing.

Next year I am going to ditch the cone cages and just go with a long stake. Yesterday I added some crude stakes as these are getting tall. Only made two stakes so two of them are sharing. Working okay for now. Just need longer string to tie it up
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m not a green thumb by far but I planted 11 big tomatoes two bell peppers five jalapeños two bush cucumbers and six cherry tomatoes.

Second year the SO and I have planted a garden and it’s going great so far. Used to plant one with the ex and they did ok but I’ve honed in more on what I’ll actually eat.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m not a green thumb by far but I planted 11 big tomatoes two bell peppers five jalapeños two bush cucumbers and six cherry tomatoes.

Second year the SO and I have planted a garden and it’s going great so far. Used to plant one with the ex and they did ok but I’ve honed in more on what I’ll actually eat.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289413/2BCD9BCF-84F9-4546-AA15-9792B0567062_jpeg-1001275.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289413/F39560B3-5851-4B09-95DA-8166599C2182_jpeg-1001276.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289413/28EA766D-97EC-4A47-9C93-CE98C864A13B_jpeg-1001277.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289413/DA6A372A-008B-4A61-AB1B-7B4434FF7752_jpeg-1001278.JPG
View Quote
Looks great!  Next season I want to do jalapeños and cucumbers too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Some of my red bell peepers have blossom end rot ( the larger ones)  

I think its from lack of watering..  It seems like those pots where the peppers are in are always moist. And was told to be careful about root rot with those.  So maybe by not regular watering them the fertilizer I buried in there wasn't breaking down like it should?  I am using the stuff mentioned way up in this thread. I pulled off the bad peppers (2) so hopefully it will start some new ones with better results.  The green bell pepper plant has much smaller fruit growing and look to be okay for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I grow a metric ton of tomatoes and can tell you the best thing I have come up with to keep the birds at bay has been those plastic whirligigs (not sure what they are called, but they are a summertime staple at parades).  They stay in motion pretty much any time there is a slight breeze.  I don't put up bird netting as I have found that it stunts the growth of the plants.  I've also heard that some people have great success with a bird bath; birds tend to puncture tomatoes to use as a water source.  I have not personally confirmed this.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok. Some updates on my plants for those interested.

Juliet tomatoes are doing good.  I did have two branched and its leaves get some kind of fungus. Was sort of a black color and spotty. Pulled them off. Other then that lot of tomatoes coming in. Some rather large. I also gave it a bigger pot.

My habanero plant is slowly growing. Not sure if it's Ohio weather or the hanging planter pot. We will see.

Next year I am going to ditch the cone cages and just go with a long stake. Yesterday I added some crude stakes as these are getting tall. Only made two stakes so two of them are sharing. Working okay for now. Just need longer string to tie it up
View Quote
As previously mentioned, the black spots are probably leaf spot caused by a lack of air flow.  Aside from spacing, packed earth can cause this.  You may want to mix a little mulch into your soil mix next time, and don't reuse last year's soil if you've had this problem as the spores may still be present.

My habaneros always produce a lot of blossoms that seem to take fooooreeeevvveeerrr to turn into peppers.  I have to remind myself every year that if I need them now, there are these places called "grocery stores."  They're worth the wait.

Cone cages are are a great start for most tomatoes, but I eventually add a stake down the middle for additional support.  I don't start with a stake because most of what I plant is so bushy in the early days that I would rather contain horizontally at first.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hang a couple CDs or DVDs from monofilament so they can twist in the breeze.

I hear shiny pie tins will work too.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Some of my red bell peepers have blossom end rot ( the larger ones)  

I think its from lack of watering..  It seems like those pots where the peppers are in are always moist. And was told to be careful about root rot with those.  So maybe by not regular watering them the fertilizer I buried in there wasn't breaking down like it should?  I am using the stuff mentioned way up in this thread. I pulled off the bad peppers (2) so hopefully it will start some new ones with better results.  The green bell pepper plant has much smaller fruit growing and look to be okay for now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20190702_135143_jpg-1001539.JPG
View Quote
Could be a lack of calcium issue. Take some plain TUMS and smash em up.Then toss on soil and lightly water.
TUMS also has magnesium,which peppers and tomatoes love!Epsom salt is a great source of magnesium.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#25]
This is my "balcony jungle".Mainly hot peppers.

These were taken 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Small update.  I am away on vacation for 2 weeks in Tennessee and North Carolina. Just finished my first week. I have a neighbor watering the plants... Hope it doesn't get messed up while I am gone with soil going dry. Next year I am definitely getting a drip irrigation of some sort.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Small update.  I am away on vacation for 2 weeks in Tennessee and North Carolina. Just finished my first week. I have a neighbor watering the plants... Hope it doesn't get messed up while I am gone with soil going dry. Next year I am definitely getting a drip irrigation of some sort.
View Quote
I bought a cheap drip-irrigation kit and a decent timer off of Amazon this spring. I haven't hit a lick watering my plants since I hooked it up. The only thing I gotta do is feed them every week.

Money well spent.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Would you be able to link to what you bought, so we can see what works for you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a cheap drip-irrigation kit and a decent timer off of Amazon this spring. I haven't hit a lick watering my plants since I hooked it up. The only thing I gotta do is feed them every week.

Money well spent.
This is the one I'll probably pick up this weekend.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DIG-Raised-Bed-Garden-Drip-Irrigation-Kit-ML50/202614215?keyword=DIG+ML50&irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-52269-456723-5d2e8ae438922d036802f793&clickid=3uwSJoWs4xyJTAxwUx0Mo3cwUklTmiXlTUnw0o0

Found a couple of vid on youtube and they seem to be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#31]
UPDATE:  7/2019

Okay just got back from a two week vacation.  My crappy homemade stakes snapped and the big tomatoe plants are going wild. getting big tomatoes. Need to visit home depot and get some good wood stakes for it tomorrow.

My habaneros are taking off starting to get peppers now.

Sweet red/green peppers are terrible. Most are rotted on side or end rot. But some are doing okay. Grew a lot while gone.

Roma grape tomato plant looks BAD. Definitely dry.. I was able to harvest a few ripe ones but the green ones are VERY delicate. They are falling off just by bumping the plant.  Had about 6 fall off just form watering it and moving it a little. Hopefully they will ripen in kitchen.
Big tomatoes

habaneros

Sweet Peppers (needs bigger pot next year)

Roma Grape plant

Sorry for the HUGE pics.  Grape tomatoes taste REALLY good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#32]
OK. I got out there today and fixed up the plants some. The large tomato plants grew like crazy while I was gone. Branches galore and HEAVY with tomatoes. Unfortunately, many were bent over and had major curves in them. I was able to straighten some out but a 2 decent sized branches had to be cut off. Lots of unripened tomatoes .

Added some stakes for the green peppers and trimmed up a lot of the dead and bad looking leaves from the grape tomato plant in pot.
Added some fertilizer to all the plants and sprayed some insecticide.
I brought the unripened tomatoes in and left most on the vine when able. Not sure why. Maybe I heard they ripen better on the vine? Will these ripen or they trash?

Left plant is nuts. Can't really do much better without snapping branches.
Close ups
Click To View Spoiler

Attachment Attached File

(update 8/1/19 - Most of those green tomatoes ripened perfectly and taste great. Albeit small.)
Thoughts:
Definitely will do things differently next season
-Large tomatoes need more space apart. Two would have been perfect in that space. 3 works but is a bit crowded. Maybe it doesn't matter?
-I need to stay on top of allowing each plant to only have 1 or 2 main stems
-Needed TALL stakes from the start. Make sure plant is VERY secure when fruit starts to grow. Don't let main branches bend over.
-invest in a drip irrigation system for when I am away
-Note: Ground plants stay watered MUCH longer then the pots (Duh)
-Larger pots. I got a bigger one for the grape tomato plant awhile back. Glad I did. That should be minimum size for peppers and grape tomatoes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey, you didn't lose a lot of plants, which is great for being gone so long.

I have three words for you.

Fried.  Green.  Tomatoes.

View Quote
My first thought. But I am doing the whole keto/low carb thing. So fried stuff is off the menu.

Also, I forgot to mention in earlier post that both of my sweet bell pepper plants were on their sides and root ball halfway out of pots...  Not sure how long that was like that. 3 days at most. Must have gotten dry and the wind kicked them over with their smallish pots. Also was not staked and the peppers grew fast (and heavy). Amazing those plants are not completely toast.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hard to lose anything you've put your heart into growing.

ETA:  Okay you can't eat the green tomatoes.

You can make pickles out of them.  Or relish. (My grandmother called it "green tomato ketchup")

I would do that.

You CAN put them in a paper bag with an apple, and see if they ripen, but I think they're not there yet.

Maybe just give them away to somebody who isn't on the low carb thing? (I did that for two years, FYI. It was hell. I don't sleepwalk, but I DID during Atkins Induction, and I ate two whole packages of keebler fudge stix.  Made by elves in a tree, yaknow?  I guess my subconscious knew they had fallen behind the soup in the pantry, even though I had cleaned every carb out of the house...I thought.

Wouldn't have known if there had not been chocolate on my face, on my pillow, and the empty packages strewn about the house.)

View Quote
Sleep walking? haha

It has actually been easy for me.  Once I cut the carbs I feel 100% better. I wake up not drowsy. All cravings for snacks and munchy stuff has disappeared. I can eat at least half what I was before I started the diet without feeling hungry. Amazing really. Thinking I have some adverse reaction to a heavy carb diet.  Anyhow, I am happy I didn't lose any plants. Can't wait to slice into one of those large tomatoes once they start to ripen on the plant.  The roma grape tomatoes are one of the best small tomato I have ever had. I think I need more of those next year .
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I went out today to check on the plants. I have one huge tomato that was about 80% red but today i see these tiny little ants starting to eat away at it. Maybe a quarter sized area of the skin is gone. I puled that one off, washed it, and will try to ripen it with the rest of the greens ones I have in a bag with an apple.

I have been applying an insecticide "called Seven, I think". It says it kills ants and when I spray it on the ants they do die. Must be getting washed off..  This stuff isn't cheap either if I recall.  So I got out my home defense bug killer I use around the perimeter of the home and spray around the plants. Not in the plant soil or anything but the bricks and some areas of the deck where ants would be crossing to get to the plants. Hopefully they don't live in the soil with the tomato plants. Doubtful considering how wet I keep it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry for the delay...

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Amazon Product
  • Material: High quality plastic and rubber
  • Package Included : 1 x 10m 4/7'' PE Hose, 1 x Faucet Connector, 1 x Garden Hose Quick Socket, 9 x Plastic Mister Nozzle (tee), 1 x Plastic Mister Nozzle (end)
  • Mist particles =70 microns, Flow rate: 6.7-7 L/Hour, Spray diameter: 0.8m, Hose Length: 10m Removable nozzle for easy cleaning

Amazon Product
  • Includes an assortment of the most commonly used 1/4-inch drip fittings
  • For use with 1/4-inch distribution or soaker tubing
  • Includes: 10 couplings, 10 plugs, 5 tees, and 5 elbows

Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#40]
NICE. Just what I was looking for.

Does the dripper really put out the water or is it very slow?  How long would you need to run the water to fully water large tomato plants with the drippers?  Misting would probably encourage disease so I will probably avoid that kind of system.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Does the dripper really put out the water or is it very slow?  How long would you need to run the water to fully water large tomato plants with the drippers?  Misting would probably encourage disease so I will probably avoid that kind of system.
View Quote
I have 4 grow bags lined up, 2 with tomato plants and 2 with basil. Each bag has 2 misters right down close to the soil which run for 10 minutes every morning at 6:30.

So far, so good. I just cut off all the foliage which was lower than about a foot off the ground on the tomato plants - so no rot or disease would start there. I do check the leaves every couple days just to make sure nothing shows up on them.

I'll try to get a photo if I can remember.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#43]
I am going to give this a try today. Defoliating the large tomato plants.  Ants seem to be gone. For now.

#1 Reason Your Tomatoes Are Not Ripening - How to Speed It Up
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have 4 grow bags lined up, 2 with tomato plants and 2 with basil. Each bag has 2 misters right down close to the soil which run for 10 minutes every morning at 6:30.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/711%2Bw-eq1pL._SL1000_.jpg

So far, so good. I just cut off all the foliage which was lower than about a foot off the ground on the tomato plants - so no rot or disease would start there. I do check the leaves every couple days just to make sure nothing shows up on them.

I'll try to get a photo if I can remember.
View Quote
I am definitely getting some of those grow bags next season. I have heard a lot of good about those.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#45]
First ripe tomato that I was able to eat. One of the "Park's Improved Whopper" varieties . It was delicious. Nothing like store bought at all. Amazing how good these are. makes it all worth it.

Attachment Attached File

I have a basket of tomatoes ripening now inside. Ill cut open one of the Steak Sandwich variety and post a photo when I can.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally went out and defoliated the plants. Much easier to get to fruit now. These things just keep growing. I think I need 10 foot tall stakes for these things.. Had to top 2 of them. getting out of control.  The middle plant "parks whopper" is not producing well. Other then that one awesome giant tomato.  About 10 pounds of tomatoes have been harvested so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can get emitters with different flow rates.  For example, 0.5, 1, 2 gallons/hr.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You can get emitters with different flow rates.  For example, 0.5, 1, 2 gallons/hr.
View Quote
I keep hearing that tomatoes love deep intermittent watering. What i would probably do is have a dripper around the base of the plants with a decent flow amount and run it for however long it takes to get a deep watering. Run that every other day or so.  I wonder how many plants I can do before the water pressure causes the last plant to get low water output. I suppose using a slower drip for longer times would negate that. Need a game plan before next spring.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#49]
(8/1/19)
Update on the pepper plants and the habaneros.  pepper plants are screwed. The red bell pepper had a brown soft spot that rotted through on every pepper. Only one pepper is left and it too has a spot but it doesn't look as bad. Might survive.  I did salvage about 3 peppers from it where i could cuyt out the bad side. Wasn't fully ripe, and looked like a green pepper. But tasted great. My 9 year old loved raw bell pepper. he ate most of them.

The green bell pepper plant is doing better but only about 3 peppers. Does not have the side spots which is good. Not sure when to pick these.
(Red Bell)
Attachment Attached File

(Green Bell)
Attachment Attached File

The habanero plant is going great. Many peppers on this small plant. The hanging pot has been perfect for my needs. I suppose a bigger pot would allow the plant to get bigger and more peppers.
Attachment Attached File

The Juliet grape tomato plant looks sad. Definitely stopped growing. But the fruit is doing good. This plant is a huge winner. Love the taste of the fruit and the size is perfect. not too small and not too big. It almost died when I was away on vacation. it was bone dry and knocked over with soil spilled out when I got home. It is a thirsty SOB. Needs daily watering. Next time I will try and mix in some substrate that helps hold more moisture.  I used the miracle grow soil for pots this time.
I have to be very careful with this when picking fruit or moving the container. The tomatoes literately fall off with the slightest bump or bump. Even the green ones. I don't know if this is normal or a result of it almost dieing from being dried out. Doesn't seem to affect the quality or the ability to grow and ripen however.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
This year I got away from soaker hoses (used them for years) and weeding.  My beds are too large to weed them constantly.  I changed to a fully mulched setup and I don't miss weeding at all.

For irrigation I installed a Dripworks system.  While there is quite a range of system components - for my long, straight rows - I used 3/4 main line with drip emitters branching off on 1/4" lines.  Assembly couldn't be easier or more customizable.  Each tomato and pepper plant gets it's own dedicated feed.  You can also use various degree mini sprayers, pot drippers etc.  I use a watering timer with a phone app to set it up and alter it when needed.

The drip emitters (I use Dripworks "Woodpeckers") are available for different rates per hour.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top