Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2023 9:38:16 AM EDT
Need recommendation where to buy. Don't want knock-off chink crap. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you shopping for?

Venture Surplus, Colemans, armynavyoutdoors.com

Are my usual top 3.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#2]
Varusteleka is based in Finland and has some good US and Euro surplus stuff.  They ship super fast as well.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/category/military-surplus/1754  
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t bought anything there in awhile but have purchased from Major Surplus without any issues. Used to go to their store in CA when I was stationed in CA years ago.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueDrewT] [#4]
Ebay (Allegheny outlet some others on there), Omaha's out of Fort Worth, TX, Charley's Surplus, Sportsmansguide
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Varusteleka is based in Finland and has some good US and Euro surplus stuff.  They ship super fast as well.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/category/military-surplus/1754  
View Quote

+1.

Ordered twice from them back in 2019.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used most of the mentioned vendors with good luck. Varusteleka ships way faster than you think they will. I am always surprised at how fast I get things from Finland. Maybe Santa works in the shipping department in the off season?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I've tied Varesteleka and it's taken 1-2 weeks.  Not sure if that's fast for Europe- maybe my expectations are too high.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
I've tied Varesteleka and it's taken 1-2 weeks.  Not sure if that's fast for Europe- maybe my expectations are too high.
View Quote
I got an order last week in 4 days from them. The $20 French camo fleece pullover is worth a buy for a light layer shirt.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ll just repeat what others have said to confirm their legitimacy.

Coleman’s
Venture Surplus
Army Navy Outdoors
Varusteleka

While Varusteleka’s site is fun, I only use them for foreign surplus. I can get USGI surplus cheaper from US based stores.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ColtRifle] [#11]
Deutsche Optik also sometimes has interesting stuff.  Haven't had any issues with orders from them although it's been awhile since I've ordered from them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
I follow these dudes online. They seem really cool.

https://kommandostore.com/collections/in-stock-surplus-1

https://www.americanapipedream.com/
View Quote

I look at both of those sites occasionally but the surplus that they have in stock is so mixed (unless you're female or a really skinny soy boy) that it usually just becomes an exercise in frustration and I close the web page.  If they would let you select your size and then show you what they actually have available that might fit it'd be cool, but as it is you have to look at all of the cool stuff, then see that it's either in some weird Euro sizing that you have to figure out how to convert while still wondering if the shoulders are cut narrower like so much Euro clothing, and more often than not, realizing that no, it's not available in even non-fat American sizes.  It wouldn't be hard for even a mildly competent programmer to add that as a menu option.  

Some of the gear is really cool though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#13]
US (or any Mil surplus) can be better or worse than commercial equivalents.  Suggest closely defining one's needs, and then obtaining the product which best meets such needs; Sometimes surplus items, sometimes not.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top