Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2019 11:40:30 PM EDT
Well, I'm downrange for about another month and semi-bored, so I have $300 worth of jig tying gear on the way for both hair and rubber jigs.  Somehow I went down the rabbit hole of watching soft plastic making videos... just grabbed $800 worth of soft plastic gear and molds.  The molds from AI are excellent!  I will definitely post pictures as I make stuff.

Does anyone else make/pour their own?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm too poor to pour.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 5:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: disco_jon75] [#2]
I tied my first hair jig today... a 1/4 oz bunny leech jig in what I poorly imagined to be yellow perch.  Not all my supplies have arrived yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I tie my own jigs. I still use plastics, Bobby Garland, Southern Pro, Charlie Brewer, etc, mainly for long-line trolling crappie, but I am catching more on my hand ties.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:
I tie my own jigs. I still use plastics, Bobby Garland, Southern Pro, Charlie Brewer, etc, mainly for long-line trolling crappie, but I am catching more on my hand ties.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/631/myfirstjigs_jpg-1032290.JPG
View Quote
Wow. Those are beautiful.   Using the stuff from Lurepartsonline, I made some chatterbaits yesterday.  I do wish that I'd bought the black-painted jigheads instead.  The white ones look out of place on the color skirts that I used.

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes. I own a small fishing lure manufacturing company. We do our own jigs and soft plastics. Just had a custom 6 cavity aluminum shrimp mold made. Also having a custom paddle tail mold in the works. Both of them are based off of models I designed.
Last week I placed an order from UltraMolds for their shooting star. That will allow us to shoot about 4000 baits in a day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
With the shooting star, how many of the same cavities are you filling per day?  What's the size on your custom shrimp?  I'd be willing to buy a mold if you're still in contact with your mold manufacturer and you like the mold.  Given that you had it custom designed, I'm willing to pay you a royalty for the mold if its a good mold.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:23:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s1rGr1nG0] [#7]
We are making about 7 different baits for fresh and saltwater here is the paddle tail and shrimp that I’ve designed. We’re not interested in selling the mold or licensing it at this time. We’ll definitely sell you some baits though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top