Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2019 1:48:40 PM EDT
I've had my eye on the MD-390 (waterproof version of MD-380) but it appears it is discontinued? https://www.buytwowayradios.com/tytera-md-390.html

Is there a replacement? Might end up just going for the MD-380.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
For what it's worth I used to have a MD-390 and have since replaced it with a Ailunce HD1, which is a better radio in many ways.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The MD-390 UHF was replaced by the MD-UV390 UHF/VHF, but the UHF only version is still available on ebay and on Amazon.

TYT MD-390

TYT MD-UV390

I believe the only difference between the 380s and 390s was the latters IP67 waterproof rating.

There is also a non-GPS version of the MD-390 that you can get slightly cheaper than the first option above if you don't care about having GPS.  I scored a used non-GPS model a few months ago for 70 bucks and it was in like-new condition with accessories and even a spare extended battery.  I'm in to the radio and mmdvm hotspot for 170 bucks, could have saved another 10-20 if I built the jumbospot clone myself but I didn't want to mess with it knowing DMR itself was already a nuisance to configure.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, thank you! Dual band now, seems most of the DMR radios available are single band.

How is the 380/390 used as analog? I've heard people say the transmit audio isn't that great (too quiet?).
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is only UHF and I don't really have any UHF repeaters close enough to me to test analog so I haven't tried that yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top