Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 8:30:49 PM EDT
Hey guys, looking to get a new multi day camping/ trail pack.  As much as I'd like to pay 4-500 for a quality pack , im trying to spend as little as possible.   More of a budget pack that can hold up to a few trips a yr with kids etc.  
    Any recommendations? Anything you guys use ?  
    ( Trying to stay away from a full on .mil pack although I like the ones styled after them ( hill people gear packs etc)
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Deuter packs. Lightweight. High quality and not too expensive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
geartrade.com is a good place to pick up quality used outdoor gear.

If you're looking for a good deal on a new pack, Kelty usually has a handful of previous year model packs in the clearance/closeout section of their site.

If you're on a super tight budget, the Teton Sports stuff from Amazon isn't bad and it's usually pretty damn cheap.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
maxpedition is running a sale right now. I  just ordered a lunda for 89 bucks..tons of stuff on sale.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Im taking in all the advice. Looking at each company/ site you guys are mentioning.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Check your area for stores that re-sell lightly used packs. Buy an Osprey that has been properly fitted to you. Or wait for Osprey to run a sale
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll jump on when I get home, but have you got a rough estimate on capacity and weight-load?

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top