Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2020 11:31:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TimeIsMoney]
I am mostly a fly fisherman, but I recently bought a couple of Curado DC baitcasting reels and looking to pair them up with few general-species rods. I find myself overwhelmed with all the choices. I am just looking for a rod to cover 90% of my fishing. I am looking for a 2 piece baitcasting 6.5ft - 7ft rod in the $100ish range. Portability is my number 1 priority, followed by availability and a good rod replacement program. My fly rods are between 4-6 pieces and do just fine in the sensitivity dept. I need to buy 3 of them for the family. The rods will mostly be used by my teenage kids. Mostly lake and stream/river fishing from the bank. Trout, bass, etc... I would appreciate any suggestions from the above requirements.

Update: Settled on the Berkley Lightning rod. Cabelas had 3 of them in stock. Not my first choice, but hopefully they won't break right away.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Those Lightnings are decent rods for the money. If those don't work out for whatever reason, the Shimano Clarus 2 piece is coming in early October. I had one of the early ones, a 6'6" M, and it caught many largemouth and upper slot redfish. I enjoyed that rod, but eventually snapped the top few inches off by being careless. I'm tempted to pick one of the new ones up when they hit Tackle Warehouse to see how they stack up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top