Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2018 11:15:07 AM EDT
I'm looking at getting a pair of dry sacks for my lbt three day pack. One for the main compartment and one for the middle compartment. I've looked around online and I can't find a source for the volume of each of the individual compartments so that I can purchase the appropriate sized dry bag for it.

Does anyone here have that information? I'm thinking a 25l sack for the main compartment and a 15 for the middle? But I'm not sure if that's the right combination.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Now listing : Approx. 1653 CI / 27L at least for the whole thing for the 3 day "Assault" but they don't break it down. For the longest time they never listed volume at all.
Standard Three Day Assault Pack
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now listing : Approx. 1653 CI / 27L at least for the whole thing for the 3 day "Assault" but they don't break it down. For the longest time they never listed volume at all.
Standard Three Day Assault Pack
View Quote
thats about as far as i got in my own search, i might just call them and see if they have more detailed information in house...
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The suspension system is the most important part of a pack (assuming you are using it as a pack - and not a piece of luggage).   The suspension system on that pack doesn't look like much at all.

At that price point - consider looking at Mystery Ranch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You may want to look at the older models of assault packs to get a better price. I have seen the ACU , DCU packs and Air Force camo at sale prices. I would start with Ebay or maybe a search engine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Adding some dry sacks is a nice idea, but my suggestion is to buy or make a frame sheet.  Every small to medium pack should have one.

I made one for almost all of my packs like this, and the load-carrying capacity is increased a little bit, while the comfort factor is considerably enhanced.  FWIW, frame sheets are made from 1/16" thick black HDPE sheet material, available from Graingers and other vendors.  Once you see how well they work, you will want to make more for other packs.  Remember, no sharp edges, and round all corners.  Use sheet metal scissors/cutters.
View Quote
I already have this in the bag. im just going to get a 20 liter bag for it and call it good.

the frame sheet makes a WORLD of difference even if the bag is just being used as a gym bag at this point
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top