Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2021 2:51:43 PM EDT
I'm going on a fly in caribou hunt in Adak Island for 5 days next month.  Need a good system to filter water. Will be doing a lot of hiking in some hilly terrain so something compact and light weight would be ideal since pack space is at a premium.

I have a Kuiu platypus 3l bladder that I would like a way to refill, along with a nalgene bottle.

What would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sawyer Squeeze/BeFree/whatever the MSR inline filter is called now. My BeFree is on a Hydrapak Seeker and my Sawyer is on a Cnoc Vecto.

I had to pump an MSR Miniworks last weekend and it was a real bitch after a few years on Sawyers.

I always carry Katadyn Micropur tabs for backup/really sketchy water sources.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I set up a gravity feed syatem with a platypus bag running through a sawyer filter into my source hydration bladder.

Fast and light filtration that is sort of plug and play.  

It connects directly to the tupe port on hydration bladder.

Just unplug drinking tube and plug up filter system.

Hang it up and in no time clean water.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sawyer Squeeze/BeFree/whatever the MSR inline filter is called now. My BeFree is on a Hydrapak Seeker and my Sawyer is on a Cnoc Vecto.

I had to pump an MSR Miniworks last weekend and it was a real bitch after a few years on Sawyers.

I always carry Katadyn Micropur tabs for backup/really sketchy water sources.
View Quote

+1 on Sawyer water filters.  You can use their filter with the squeeze bags, thread to certain water bottles or run them in line on your bladder tube.  I also have the Sawyer water bittle with the filter inside.

And Katadyn Micropur tabs for back up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top