Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2018 9:46:56 PM EDT
49.99 delivered off eBay. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you want to put up a Sterba Curtain or a Rhombic.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it the twin lead commo wire? I used to find a lot of it out near the NG range in Florence.

Unspooled and strung across the desert floor of course.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I know who to PM when I get around to wiring my SB22 and various phones.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
2500' horizontal loop.

Just sayin'  
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a spool of commo wire like that at a ham fest last year.

It makes nice wire for radials (for a vertical).  I cut one side for one band, and the other side for another band.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it the twin lead commo wire? I used to find a lot of it out near the NG range in Florence.

Unspooled and strung across the desert floor of course.
View Quote
Yes it is.

Get an empty reel and reel it up for your ham radio uses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Didnt see that one, but what looks like the same thing but 1/4 mile is $20 delivered
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've recommended aluminum electric fence wire for this purpose for many years. It's about the same price last I checked.

I used to say "lifetime supply" but I ended up buying another 1/4 mile spool a few years ago. Start cutting radials for verticals, and make a few disposable 80m dipoles for field day and the like and you can go through a lot of wire.

While you're at the farm supply store, pick up a 9000 foot spool of polypro baler twine for temporary guy rope, wire antenna supports etc. Its conveniently in a high-viz orange color and cheap enough to just throw away after field day or whatever. It's not good on UV resistance for long term outdoor use though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I looked it up and I notice that the WD-36 uses aluminum for the conductors. What has been your experience in using this?

Is it strong enough to support itself on a long run between elevated supports? For example, a 160-meter dipole?

I presume this is not solderable, do you just rely on mechanical connections? How about corrosion at twisted or clamped connections after weather exposure?

Thanks for sharing any info...   Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top