Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2018 1:27:15 PM EDT
I didn't want to derail the other thread so...

What is the purpose of leukotape and how is it used? I understand that it can be put on hot spots of your feet. But why do people wrap it around their shoulders or have strips running up their thighs?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's used by physiotherapists to support/reinforce joints to reduce (or heal) injuries.

It's not unlike how a tall boot protects your ankles by restricting movement.

You can google "shoulder taping" for more details.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you might be talking about kinesiology. Kinesiology tape is the brightly colored tape you see in sports. It can act as a brace or tensioner on body parts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Leukotape tape is used the same way.  For me, I've used it when I got a hot spot on my foot...kind of blister prevention.  I don't normally get blisters unless my feet are excessively sweaty or wet.  A lot of people develop hotspots on the same part of their foot or toe; instead of wearing a sock liner, they use Leukotape to isolate just that area to avoid aggravating it or developing a blister.  I've found Leukotape to hold up well when backpacking.  It also doubles as regular "bandage" tape.  I bought some rolls of it and just cut off pieces as they fit smaller, flatter FAKs better than rolls of tape.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes sense. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of it before the other thread. Have to get some.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe, that is the same tape my wife uses.
It is hard to explain, But her feet roll.
She uses it to stop that from happening.
So it gives her feet more support!

PITA45
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the biggest selling point to the hiking world is that, unlike moleskin, it will stay put over a blister when wet.  I know a couple reports where folks have said they wore it for a week or 10 days of hiking (showers, wading, etc) and it never came loose.  I don't have any personal experience, but it is now in my pack.

Doc
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the biggest selling point to the hiking world is that, unlike moleskin, it will stay put over a blister when wet.  I know a couple reports where folks have said they wore it for a week or 10 days of hiking (showers, wading, etc) and it never came loose.  I don't have any personal experience, but it is now in my pack.

Doc
View Quote
That's exactly the biggest selling point.  Instead of wearing sock-liners, you just tape up your hot spots and the tape stays for days.  Leukotape is one brand and I can't remember the other, but it was supposed to not "bleed" as much of the adhesive as Leukotape which is what some people claimed when it heated up a lot.  I haven't noticed that problem with either, but I haven't really run it hard and long yet.  I used some here in Afghanistan trying to break in a pair of leather Danner boots...it stayed on all week and even in the shower and gym workouts  Actually it was this thread that reminded me I had some here with me

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top