Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2018 2:55:29 PM EDT
Me and my buddie reeled these suckers in last night. I caught the bigger one. I got him to shore and he slipped the hook right as he was being netted. The meat is going to be put in the smoker. My buddie does the cleaning and cooking.  Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always wanted to eat turtle. But I've only ever met them as friends, not chow.

What ways do you normally prepare them?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually they go in a stew. When he smokes them that’ll be my first time eating them that way.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Never fished for turtles. We always set out traps. And the one time we cooked one we fed it out for weeks before killing and cooking it. It wasn’t all that great. We continued to catch them for the fun of it and let them go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top