Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2018 11:44:47 PM EDT
I originally posted this in GD, but would probably get better info here...thanks in advance guys

currently undecided between Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro 1600g and Muck Boot Arctic Pro

would be used for hunting in upstate NY where it gets pretty cold, ranged from 13 below to 30F this past weekend

mainly sitting in a tree stand for deer but would involve some humping around, so my main concern is which is warmer

I wear a size 10, should I go with an 11 or a 12??

what say the expert opinions of the hive??
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I can only speak about the Muck boots. I have pair of the Arctic and pair of the Woody for turkey hunting. Both are warm and water proof but I did have the soles on the Woodys start to separate. I heard that the bonding process got better since I purchased them so I may have gotten an older pair. I would size up only 1 size. I wear a size 13 but size up to 14. I only need a heavy wool sock during hunting season and my feet stay warm and dry. We just ended our 9 day gun season and the temps in Northern Wisconsin were in the teens and feet were nice and warm in a tree stand
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks brother, appreciate the insight
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the alphaburly pro 18” in 800 gram and they have never given me cold feet, and after 2 years of river bottom hunting I haven’t had a single leak or any defects. Never tried muck, heard good things. I only use mine until it freezes, then I switch to normal pac boots cuz I can walk on the ice. And for size, I can’t help my feet are anywhere from an 11 to 13 depending on the manufacturer lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had Muck artic, but I prefer non insulated Lacrosse to Muck.

Lacrosse has never let me down, insulated or not.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have used Lacrosse alpha burly, lacrosse non ins, A columbia boot and now Muck Wetlands,

I am looking to purchase The Muck Artic pro, I like the Muck boots and they come in size 15
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you'd be fine with either. I would go and try both pair on and see which fit better. I had my mind made up to purchase a pair of Muck boots, but after trying them both on and walking around, I got the Lacrosse. They both felt true to size, but the Lacrosse fit better around the ankle.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been jamming all season with Lacrosse Alphaburly 800s.  They appear to be already oversized, so if you wear a 10, get a 10, they are going to be roomier by design.

These have been my favorite piece of gear this season.  No longer do I have to choose my creek crossings or go around low/wet spots.  As long whatever it is isn't more than knee deep, you can just plow straight on through.

For hunting, always follow the sock rule if you have a decent hike.  Your feet will perspire a lot in these and you must bring a set of socks to hike in with, and then a pair of wool socks to change into for your sit in the blind or treestand.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been jamming all season with Lacrosse Alphaburly 800s.  They appear to be already oversized, so if you wear a 10, get a 10, they are going to be roomier by design.

These have been my favorite piece of gear this season.  No longer do I have to choose my creek crossings or go around low/wet spots.  As long whatever it is isn't more than knee deep, you can just plow straight on through.

For hunting, always follow the sock rule if you have a decent hike.  Your feet will perspire a lot in these and you must bring a set of socks to hike in with, and then a pair of wool socks to change into for your sit in the blind or treestand.
View Quote
Try antiperspirant on your feet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a pair of Muckmasters and have worn them in low single digits comfortably. They are surprisingly nice to walk in and have held up for 8-9 years so far.

Size and fit is very personal and is difficult for me to state my "normal size". I have shoes from 10-11 that all "fit". I think my Muck's are 10.5 or 11. With a thick wool sock, they are a perfectly snug fit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Muck Arctic for 4 years now. My feet get cold easy and I don't think I've ever been cold wearing these. I wear a pair of my thin dress socks and then woolies over top. Been a great combo for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]
love my lacrosse boots.  I have just the basic uninsulated ones and they work great for what I need them for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top