Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2020 1:18:33 AM EDT
I just bought 3 new LCI 5 gal water cans, and the bottom of all three are convex like the bottom is swollen. The cans can balance on the inside of the 6 "feet" when upright, but could roll to the side because they are not flat. The walls appear to be square. [eta] the sides are also slightly rounded.
It is not a bad as it sounds, but all my other LCI water cans are flat and maintain a solid footing.

Have not filled the cans yet in the event I need to return them.  BTW, don't think that the weight of the water would make a difference.

Would a heat gun soften up the bottom enough to flatten the bottom?

emailed LCI, but haven't heard of anything yet

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them up
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you opened them up? Maybe they have swollen from heating up, pressure?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
These water cans are permanently disfigured - my guess from the factory.  

no response from them either by email or voice.  will wait another week after trying to contact, then I might return them.  Pity, these cans were about $34 including shipping.  I could bite the bullet and keep them because of the price, but meh.  I still see them on sale, maybe they had a bad batch of these or .mil rejects....

there is a recent vid of quality / CS
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These water cans are permanently disfigured - my guess from the factory.  

no response from them either by email or voice.  will wait another week after trying to contact, then I might return them.  Pity, these cans were about $34 including shipping.  I could bite the bullet and keep them because of the price, but meh.  I still see them on sale, maybe they had a bad batch of these or .mil rejects....

there is a recent vid of quality / CS
View Quote

I have 4 of the LCI”s and all of them wobble a little bit.  Not just side to side but forward and back as well.  I think that’s just the nature of lowest bidder military water cans.  They do exactly what the military needs them to and absolutely nothing more.  Be that as it may, none of them wobble enough to actually fall over.  

If you just can't live with it you could pay up for Scepter cans but they are very, very pricey.

If you decide to buy any more I’d definitely shop around for a better price.  Be aware that LCI and Skilcraft are both military suppliers and the cans are essentially identical.  

Both of these places offer cheaper prices and, I think, free shipping of you buy 4 or more.

https://www.buylci.com/water-can-5-gallon-desert-tan.html

https://www.bscsource.com/ProductDetails/NSN0893827-7240000893827-Plastic-Water-Can-5-Gallon-Desert-Sand/NSN0893827/p10147887

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, better prices indeed. I am not in CONUS, so shipping is usually cost prohibitive. Looks like LCI will charge shipping outside of CONUS. Found my cans on amazon with free shipping - made by LCI for Skilcraft (offer is now gone)

Probably won't be using these until SHTF, so these could suffice while I phase out my Aquatainers
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 8.  2 would not seal.  They replaced.  Give me a call.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Got a call from LCI today and they would accommodate me if I bought from them.
Since it was a reseller, they advised me to return it. Amazon will replace or refund them

Found some Scepter at HD with minimal shipping.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a call from LCI today and they would accommodate me if I bought from them.
Since it was a reseller, they advised me to return it. Amazon will replace or refund them

Found some Scepter at HD with minimal shipping.....
View Quote

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Scepter, they're nice cans.  I have 4 LCI and 16 Scepter.  I do think there can be a place for both, depending on what you're doing with them.  I haul water with the LCI's, I store water in the Scepters.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Roger that, appreciate the replies. Been using the aquatainers and waterbricks for storage, and will add the Scepters to the stash. The LCIs can be used for the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top