Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2022 12:21:14 AM EDT
Got one for christmas. It didn't come with any packaging. Can I use this without a backback?

It came with the cradle and a long Velcro strap.....

Pics Of different setups would help greatly for this simpleton.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the 'universal' one as I don't have any of their packs.  It's perfectly fine though nothing spectacular.  I don't want it tied to my pack frame I want it independent of that so I put on a simple mil type web vest and attach it to that.  I use it with a CZ 550 and it is fine.  Out of curiosity I tried putting an old Savage model 110 Tactical 24 inch heavy barrel gun in it and it did not work well with that size and weight rifle.

They are designed to attach to a pack which has a waistband.  I wanted to be able to shed the pack/frame and still have the rifle.

A friend of mine recently bought a near identical one from some other company, much cheaper and might be just as good.

Their website used to have a video on how to set one up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the 'universal' one as I don't have any of their packs.  It's perfectly fine though nothing spectacular.  I don't want it tied to my pack frame I want it independent of that so I put on a simple mil type web vest and attach it to that.  I use it with a CZ 550 and it is fine.  Out of curiosity I tried putting an old Savage model 110 Tactical 24 inch heavy barrel gun in it and it did not work well with that size and weight rifle.

They are designed to attach to a pack which has a waistband.  I wanted to be able to shed the pack/frame and still have the rifle.

A friend of mine recently bought a near identical one from some other company, much cheaper and might be just as good.

Their website used to have a video on how to set one up.
View Quote

@markhatfield

The universal is what I have too. I do wear a light backpack, it has a waistband but I'll have to dig it out. I also wear a chest harness for my binos. Guess I can see if it will work with that. Instead of having the rifle angled forward with the barrel in front can you rig it to carry along the side of your back, completely behind you right shoulder?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@markhatfield

The universal is what I have too. I do wear a light backpack, it has a waistband but I'll have to dig it out. I also wear a chest harness for my binos. Guess I can see if it will work with that. Instead of having the rifle angled forward with the barrel in front can you rig it to carry along the side of your back, completely behind you right shoulder?
View Quote

I have not tried that but I believe you could.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@markhatfield

View Quote

In theory you could. You’d just re locate the top strap to behind you.  But that kind of defeats the purpose of the gun barer. When properly setup pull the tab and you can easily shoulder the rifle from the stored position.

ETA: You should be able to use it without a backpack. You would just need an anchor point around chest level. Like a bino harness. And have the buttstock cradle attached to your belt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, I got it before I did the mammoth sniper challenge a couple of years ago, I run it down the center of their 44mag pack. I have been very pleased with it. I will see if I can snap some photos of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top