Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2020 11:06:07 PM EDT
I have 10 white leghorns. They just started laying eggs 2weeks ago. They are about 21 weeks old. Noticed some strange growths on comb.
Looked it up and they have fowlpox. So far it looks like just the dry type. Next batch of chicks, if any, will be vaccinated for this. Got to let it run its course .
2 days ago I got 7 eggs. Today I got 4. I guess I may have to start over if it gets real bad. Need to give it a couple of months.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Its common and usually not anything to get concerned over. Anywhere mosquitoes are, your chickens can get it.

Sometimes blood spots from fighting can look like fowl pox. My junglefowl hybrid games will get bloody combs that dry and scab over with black spots. The best way to tell the difference is that blood scabs are usually dark black with no grey ring. Fowlpox usually has a grey ring around the black spot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top