Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2024 10:52:44 PM EDT
Looking at a pure sine wave inverter for the camper. 400W of roof solar, a 230ah LiFePo4 battery and I think a 2000W inverter would be appropriate. What are the suggested brands? Renogy seems to be everywhere. HF has one, BougeRV, the list goes on. A sea of choices.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 2000 watt Renogy inverter, 400 watts solar and 412ah Lifepo4. It does the job. How are you planning to hook it up? I’m using a transfer switch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By touchracing:
I have a 2000 watt Renogy inverter, 400 watts solar and 412ah Lifepo4. It does the job. How are you planning to hook it up? I’m using a transfer switch.
View Quote

Most simple would just be wiring it off the battery with a fuse, but the transfer switch with wiring to the power panel probably wouldn't be too hard. Can you point me to a diagram of how it all gets wired with solar in place?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Renogy 2000W inverter in my trailer. Works perfectly every time I go camping. It has a remote switch that I ran to the door side of the trailer so I can turn it o n and off without having to go to the other side of the trailer. I even got to test the low voltage shutoff feature when we inadvertently ran the batteries down to ~11 volts or so.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had a Renogy 800watt pure sign inverter in my RV for a couple years now. Works great no issues.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Renogy is decent stuff.  

I have installed a handful of xantrex pure sine units with built in switches. They are nice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I find myself wadding into the world of solar now. I would like to use a Victron Mulitplus 2 3000W inverter because it has the switch, charger and pass-through capability. But I’m not ready to buy 400-800 ah of battery yet. I would like to start with one 200ah battery and 200-400w of solar and build from there. Ultimately I would like to be able to run an AC for some time and power the entire rig. I hate buying something now only to replace it within a year or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top