Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2022 12:04:44 AM EDT
Thought this could be a fun thread. Some of yall have been at this longer than I've been alive. I enjoy getting them when I do get them. Though it seems that most seem to use eQSL or similar. Anyway, what are some from and interesting one you've gotten.

My neatest looking one was with this one. Really fantastic artwork on this one.
Attachment Attached File

Most interesting was this one, he had my call back in the early 80s. The reason why he got rid of it is a definitely a time warp.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]

...and Chad!

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That definitely counts.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Awesome card! I'm hoping to get a QSL card from him under his JT1CO call sign soon. I sent mine out to him a couple of months ago via a gentleman in the U.K., since mail from the U.S. to Mongolia is currently suspended.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one from the nudist colony at Lake Travis TX during their special event a few years ago.  I’ll have to dig that one up.  Actually heard about them on here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the best of my best.

Dude called me one year I was running the Currahee SES K4C.

He's in tears trying to thank me for doing something like this for vets.  I had to explain QSO cards in-depth and give him my home QTH address on the spot.

"Just send me anything to this address."

When I got it sorted I paused a moment...literally stunned...and then keyed up with "This is kilo-four-Currahee...veterans only until no more call...QRZ"

IIRC someone said...illegally..."We'll wait."

Oooops...wrong year.
I don't have a pic of the QSO card from 2014.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]

I never got a formal card like that, but once when I was a General class and talking to someone in the UK I was on a good frequency, but for some reason that I’ve long forgotten the UK station wanted to go up or down 10kHz to finish the conversation. After we finished someone else got on and was all upset that I was in the Extra class band area. I upgraded right after that if for no better reason than to keep it from happening again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Mungo like DX and QSL cards

Worked the International Space Station, while driving to the rifle range to shoot M1 Garands.

that was a really good day

practicing CW to pass my 13WPM test, this old timer was great, slowed down for me, and had a nice QSO.

My TS-590 is not "mars modded"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top