Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2023 3:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
Pathfinder has made a stainless-steel replica of USGI canteen cup with a couple of "D-rings" on top of the handle.  As with the similar Swedish cook set cup, this allows user to use a stick to manipulate the cup when used over an open fire and eliminates burning one's hands on the over-heated cup handle.

Having burned my hands more than once on over-heated GI canteen cup handles, this Mod is a very useful one.

Clever and appropriately equipped folks may be able to add such "d-rings" to existing GI cup handles by spot-welding or pop-riveting brackets for them onto the handle of existing GI canteen cups.   If using Pop rivets, make sure pop rivets don't preclude fully "closing/folding" the cup handle.

Vid HERE

Disclaimer: No financial interest.

ETA: Response to e-mail sent to Pathfinder indicates that there are no current plans to offer the new style canteen cup by itself.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nifty.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one for about six months. I like the pathfinder canteen and cup. Both the round bottle one and the canteen style. I've used both several times.

Only con is weight heavier then the army surplus canteen cup.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
DC aside. I prefer the newer style handles. Pull the handles, gut some 550 and slip it over the handle, then replace the handles. As long as you're careful to keep the 550 covered handles I've never had a problem with them melting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top