Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2018 8:53:31 PM EDT
This was my first year being a General with this event happening and I got the sweep! Who else got all 3 races?

Yesterday I was listening on 40 meter and found W9IMS but he was coming in really bad. I had to jack around with all my dials just to hear him. He, Jim, starts calling CQ and I am calling back over and over with nothing! I was getting very frustrated trying to figure out why he coulnd't hear me. He gets another contact and tells the guy "I got you on 40 meter, Lower Side Band." That gets me to look at my radio and the darn thing is set at USB! I then switched over to LSB and got the contact in about 2 minutes. This turned out to be an awesome thing because I have had absolutely no luck hearing much of anything on 40 meter and figured the band was dead or the radio was screwed up but it turns out the radio is defaulting to USB when I switch from 20 to 40 meter. Annoying as heck but now I know to look for that and will hopefully now have much more luck on 40 meter. I'm looking foward to getting some good contacts this winter. I might need to figure out an antenna for 80 meter...
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've worked them  2 or 3 times over the years, but never got the sweep.  I probably never will, as it's quite rare for me to be on SSB nowadays.   CW is where I spend about 98% of my operating time.
Top Top