Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2018 6:47:46 PM EDT
These are pretty nice vests honestly. your going to need something to haul rifle mags in come SHTF, add a camelback to this and your pretty well set. I don't think this is the full kit, but you get the vests, mag and grenade pouches. when you find them on ebay, and get the full kit they have 2 canteen pouches as well, but its not easy to find them this cheap.. the vest has 6 built in 30 rd mag pouches, the panel closest in the picture shows it, then you can mount the other pouches on top of those if you want. which is what they did on the other side in the picture. IIRC you can haul around up to 12 mags with whats provided if you wanted to. its got inside map pockets as well. as i said. its pretty good quality, and a great deal at $24.99/ if you hate the color, easy, just toss it in your washer with some green or brown dye, and that fixes it. i have several of these myself.

BETTER DEAL >

entire set for $29.00 shipped. includes all pouches, 2 canteen pouches as well.  if you cant get the link to work... put the following into ebays search bar. it will pull it up.

USGI ACU MOLLE 2 FLC Vest w/ 9 POUCHES

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-ACU-MOLLE-2-FLC-Vest-w-9-POUCHES/401519304551?hash=item5d7c6a5f67:g:sQIAAOSwB1Jaub1I

Attachment Attached File

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-molle-load-bearing-vest-like-new?a=2165672&a=1749228&criteo=LFNP&utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=rmktg&utm_campaign=Banner+Remarketing&utm_content=CriteoLFNP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
that is sweet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that is sweet.
View Quote
they are decent vests. for $24.99 you cant beat them.  they take dye pretty easily, so for about $2.00 at walmart you can make them green / brown / black, etc.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely fantastic piece of gear for the price, love mine. Got it new in Woodland for $20 shipped.

A heads up, these can be had all day on eBay in better colors (Woodland, Coyote Brown, 3 color desert) for even less than Sportsmans guide, about $15 for used and they're still around $20 shipped new.

All the camo/colors these came in by the way are: ACU (UCP), Woodland, 3 Color Desert, and Coyote Brown.

ETA: I missed that the Sportsmans Guide one apparently includes several pouches, making it a better deal than I initially thought. Still though, they only have it in UCP and UCP is .
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't this a better deal?
Amazon Product
  • Official U.S. military ACU fighting load carrier vest
  • Constructed of heavy-duty 1000D Cardura nylon material, snap buckle and zipper
  • MOLLE/MPLLE II compatible, one size fits all and adjustable waist belt

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Isn't this a better deal?
www.amazon.com/dp/B004IURGGY
View Quote
maybe. its cheap, but I don't believe that one can carry magazines without buying extra pouches, if you can get the pouches cheap enough it would be a decent deal.. I picked my vests up off ebay a few years ago for around $25.00, but they came with all the grenade, and ammo pouches as well as two canteen pouches as well.

this is what I bought for around $30.00. ( I didn't get the canteens, but I got the canteen pouches ) you can find the full set this cheap on ebay, you just have to hunt for them. I picked up 5 or 6 sets IIRC. if you can get the vest, with those mag panels pictured on the bottom, then you have what you need to carry 6 magazines. otherwise you need some mag pouches. I agree the camo sucks, and i would MUCH rather have woodland, or multicam, but as i said, a little rid dye fixes that for a few bucks. toss it in the washer with the dye and let it sit for a hour, then just finish the wash cycle and its dyed and clean. these are just cheap, decent load bearing vests. theres a lot of gear you most likely will never use during SHTF etc, you might not need huge ruck sacks, for example, but if you need a rifle, you need a load bearing vest. I got some of these so me and my family would have a way to haul equipment around should we ever need to. at $25.00-$30.00 each they are almost disposable, and you can afford to have a few extra for the neighborhood watch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in New Mexico the camos fine LOL. If I drop that in my front yard I would have trouble finding it.
No I was thinking to get some extra setups for friends that I develop along the way or long lost family that shows up unexpectedly. I don't want to be handing my gear to someone else to go set at a checkpoint.
I was just thinking mag pouches are $6 and I don't expect to need grenade pouches but educate me on that subject but  canteen pouches would be handy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
@BUCK1911

heres a good deal. full set $29.00 shipped. they have 10 available/

if the link fails, go to ebay and put the following into the search bar.

USGI ACU MOLLE 2 FLC Vest w/ 9 POUCHES

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-ACU-MOLLE-2-FLC-Vest-w-9-POUCHES/401519304551?hash=item5d7c6a5f67:g:sQIAAOSwB1Jaub1I

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
EvilBay says link contains expensive keyword?

Never saw that disclaimer

I just bought a DCS vest with 2 shingles for $20 NIP at a Surplus Store going out of biz sale

I have a woodland one also, and a OCP PC set up

The UCP would look good on the OTV
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
hot link
link

says item removed, but it's in my cart WTF?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
hot link
link

says item removed, but it's in my cart WTF?
View Quote
I have never been able to hotlink ebay auctions, they all say removed when the link is clicked. use those keywords I posted to search ebay for them. the auction pops right up that way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Had no problem with any of the links. Shows lots for sale.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet, gonna order two
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like i pull something in my back everytime I go play in the dirt now that I'm old and have been wondering about those wide battle belts.
Do we know if those offer any support like a lifting belt?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Not really.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Seems like i pull something in my back everytime I go play in the dirt now that I'm old and have been wondering about those wide battle belts.
Do we know if those offer any support like a lifting belt?
View Quote
I jacked my back up good several years ago.
Had to rethink my whole set up.
I used to run a tactical tailor mod vest. Similar to the flc.
Problem was you'd be front heavy. Which stresses your back.
So I went with a UW gear 4 cell rig and a battle belt. Then my hydro or patrol pack.
Its helped balance the load out nicely not having 20+ lbs of shit on my chest.
Been debating going to a better belt with padded suspenders set up ala old school.
Ymmv.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't the unit to which you're assigned usually provide the tactical gear necessary?

Seems early for Halloween.

I'll pretend not to understand.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Doesn't the unit to which you're assigned usually provide the tactical gear necessary?

View Quote
This is the survival forum. it covers survival needs. Everyone has to decide what they need for their own survival, as everyones needs differ. If your living in a apartment in new York, where your up to your asshole in LEO 24/7 you likely wont have a use for a rifle, or web gear for hauling extra ammo. However if your living in the country in BFE and police response is 30 minutes or more on a good day, you very well might. I ( and the gov, and neighbors ) can give reasons as to why no one needs load bearing gear, tactical rifles, 30rd magazines, more than a box of ammo, body armor, a year supply of food, medical gear etc, but the fact is everyone has to make those decisions for themselves.

I was assigned to various units for over 20 years. The unit  provides weapons, clothing, boots, food, water, ammo, shelter, medical, transportation and more. However, since I don't have access to unit resources anymore, and since now I'm the supply clerk, armorer, training NCO' commander, finance officer, medic, motor sgt etc, I have to supply all this stuff for myself, and for my troops / family. I have supplies of food, water, clothing, boots, tools, vehicles, fuel, oil, weapons, and ammo. so why not have a cheap way to haul some of that ammo, water and other gear around with me  should I ever need to? If I wake up one day, and there is unrest, due to disaster, riot etc, I cant exactly run to supply and get one issued, since I don't have a supply chain, except for the one I provide out of my own pocket. If I don't have it on hand when I do need it, I likely wont be getting it for the duration.

I realize much of this stuff will never be used, and my grandkids will likely sell it at a yard sale 30 years from now. ( if I don't do a good job of teaching them better.)It makes me feel more comfortable though, as I have a solution for many problems where many people would be clueless and helpless. That warm fuzzy feeling I have is priceless. IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
This isn't GD.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#21]
If you aren't a fan of the whole "vest" setup, here's a project some of us did a couple years ago for a budget chest rig.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-NEW-USMC-Coyote-Chest-Rig-20-00/10-403016/

You basically take a 6 panel magazine chest rig (that usually doesn't seem to have the straps) and adapt it to work with a hydration carrier. The end result is actually really slick.

I've got handout gear that includes both the FLCs and the chest rigs. After trying both on, I found I prefer the chest rig.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I haven't found a FLC I like yet.

I have a woodland and a DSC version, and got rid of the OCP one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Ordered two of them. Dug through my garage and found my old MOLLE Buttpacks with goodies like an IFAK, stripped MREs, 550 cord, fire, and poncho. Setting up a clone for the wife.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing but tactical tailor an TAG touches my body

This is a pretty good deal
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#25]
This one linked below is the same seller and includes shipping and a waist pack for $35.  The one you posted was $13.50 shipping on top of the $29 for me per item.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401542737330

This place always costs me money.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#26]
These are $35 delivered on ebay? Thoughts?
Lancer Tactical 600D Polyester Cross Draw Vest with Holster, Black
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Chinese made airsofter junk.

If that's your thing then that's your thing, but I can't stand that crap myself. Pretty sure it's not modifiable either, I think all the pouches are sewn to the base vest. With the MOLLE system you change everything around to fit your needs. This does not allow you to do that.

If you want cheap then buy Milsurp. It still won't be as cheap as the Chinese stuff in the end but at least you aren't buying garbage. You can set up an FLC to be nearly identical to that Lancer vest for ~$60 to $70 using Milsurp depending on camo choice and you'll have U.S. made gear.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Chinese made airsofter junk.

If that's your thing then that's your thing, but I can't stand that crap myself. Pretty sure it's not modifiable either, I think all the pouches are sewn to the base vest. With the MOLLE system you change everything around to fit your needs. This does not allow you to do that.

If you want cheap then buy Milsurp. It still won't be as cheap as the Chinese stuff in the end but at least you aren't buying garbage. You can set up an FLC to be nearly identical to that Lancer vest for ~$60 to $70 using Milsurp depending on camo choice and you'll have U.S. made gear.
View Quote
That would explain the price.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#29]
How do these size out?  Are they adjustable enough for big guys?  3XLT?

EDIT:  I guess if it is made to go OVER armor, it should be adjustable enough to fit me.  Right?

Rob
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
they are decent vests. for $24.99 you cant beat them.  they take dye pretty easily, so for about $2.00 at walmart you can make them green / brown / black, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that is sweet.
these are on sale for $20 now.  They are backordered, but if you can wait... its a great price.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-molle-load-bearing-vest-like-new?a=2165672&SID=jgqjjiv68400zk8a012b1&CJ=1&cjaffilid=6159032&cjaffsite=VigLink&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=VigLink&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=Redirect-Enabled+Deep+Link&cjevent=27da2e7682a711e88088025b0a24060e

I found this one, its a little different, but its around the same price with shipping, http://www.mcguirearmynavy.com/Woodland-Camoflauge-Load-Bearing-Vest-Double-Buckle-6-Pocket-MOLLE-Webbing-NEW.html
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#31]
TAG...is having a clearance sale on chest rigs in ACU, holds 8 mags $20.88https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/vendetta-chest-rig.html
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
TAG...is having a clearance sale on chest rigs in ACU, holds 8 mags $20.88https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/vendetta-chest-rig.html
View Quote
thats a nice piece of gear.

I checked out some of their other offerings and see some real good prices on alot of items.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I checked out some of their other offerings and see some real good prices on alot of items.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 2 chest rigs an a balcs plate carrier Last one in coyote..;)
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#34]
The ones in the OP are terrible IMO.  I got something like that and the weight of mags and stuff on the front cause the back part of the vest to really dig into my neck and placed a lot of the weight on my neck.  Don't like the design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top