BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nikdfish:
I did a revised version of the battery cap

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240312_195802331_PORTRAITb_jpg-3157221.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240312_200219485_PORTRAITb_jpg-3157222.JPG

I went back & redid the F360 model so major elements are parameterized.  I can plug in numbers for battery dimensions,  gauge dimensions, switch hole diameter and desired circuit count and generate a model automatically that reflects those settings.  

The model above used about 100grams of material & was a 2.5hr print on the Max3.
View Quote

That is flipping awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Springtime, and I need to hang my 160-10M dipole again.

Then get a line up in the front trees for a 60-30-17-12M loaded fan dipole.

Need to get further along on my new operating desk. Local truckers figured out I know how to fix CBs so I've set up a temporary spot on the finished portion and am cranking stuff out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#4]
Working on something other than my roll up J pole for the monthly 2m simplex net. I am way north of everyone else, so beaming south is gunna help.

A buddy that is a painter gave me a 12' painters pole that the tip broke off of. Of course painted it tactical colors, because it was covered in other paint already and gross looking.

Making a tape measure yagi. Adding tape on it because the damn thing already cut me once.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Still figuring out how I want to terminate the coax....... I thought I had an extra bit of coax with BNC on it but it disappeared.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Ghetto tapetenna tuned right at the local simplex frequency

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkLordVader] [#6]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5108_jpeg-3158042.JPG
View Quote
Ghetto trashtennas are besttennas.

If you are fortunate enough to wake up in the rubble the morning after the apocalypse (typical Saturday morning back in college)
you'll wish you had some more trashtenna experience.  

My ghetto VHF 2 elem yagi
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I just cut the three remaining branches that were in the way of me hoisting my 160-10M fan dipole up to its full height. Need to throw an anchor line at its east end then raise and secure.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Might redo the U bolt support for the painters pole. I didnt have  a smaller one on hand to fit the PVC diameter well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Just received this yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

Nothing else included.  Missing the power cord, microphone, any documentation, crystals, and the lamps knob.  But otherwise in great shape.  Peeked inside and it's pretty clean, and I got it from a guy on Ebay who's cleaning out his ham shack (about 40 other radios he's selling), so I'm assuming it's in good shape internally.

Our club has a 6m AM net every Sunday; can't want to get on it using this rig!  

Anybody know of a parts source besides Ebay?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By limaxray:
Just received this yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30315/20240313_181541v2_jpg-3158965.JPG

Nothing else included.  Missing the power cord, microphone, any documentation, crystals, and the lamps knob.  But otherwise in great shape.  Peeked inside and it's pretty clean, and I got it from a guy on Ebay who's cleaning out his ham shack (about 40 other radios he's selling), so I'm assuming it's in good shape internally.

Our club has a 6m AM net every Sunday; can't want to get on it using this rig!  

Anybody know of a parts source besides Ebay?
View Quote

That looks super cool. There are some old radio heads on a local email reflector. If you want me to cross post I can. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought one of the inovato boxes to use in the shack. The latest windows update really slowed down the old laptop I was using in the shack. I am getting tired of microsoft "improving" my computers with shit I didn't ask for. This should be an adventure. I am also considering installing Andy's Ham Radio Linux on an old laptop.  Link Looks pretty painless, and it can't run any worse than it does now.
Ham Radio & Linux - Andys Ham Radio Linux distribution for the desktop.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#13]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5108_jpeg-3158042.JPG
View Quote

It's funny, I built some roll-up j poles based on an ARFCOM thread back in 2011 and found them last week. Threw both of them on my Nano VNA-F yesterday and they were spot on the money. I had no clue just kind of followed the instructions on them and nailed it. Love my VNA's they make working on the antenna and tuning it so much easier.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
I bought one of the inovato boxes to use in the shack. The latest windows update really slowed down the old laptop I was using in the shack. I am getting tired of microsoft "improving" my computers with shit I didn't ask for. This should be an adventure. I am also considering installing Andy's Ham Radio Linux on an old laptop.  Link Looks pretty painless, and it can't run any worse than it does now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEd5uMoksa8
View Quote
I think the latest Ubuntu/Mint would be better than a Ham Linux distro.  Most of the HAM packages that I can think of: wsjtx, fldigi, gqrx, rtlsdr can be installed with a one liner 'apt install wsjtx'.  Then you are getting a main-stream distro with more circulation, updates and security considerations.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DarkLordVader:
I think the latest Ubuntu/Mint would be better than a Ham Linux distro.  Most of the HAM packages that I can think of: wsjtx, fldigi, gqrx, rtlsdr can be installed with a one liner 'apt install wsjtx'.  Then you are getting a main-stream distro with more circulation, updates and security considerations.
View Quote

I don't know diddly or squat about linux, and this looks like a way to get started with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:24:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#16]
Other than; sudo apt install xxxxxxxx, sudo apt update........

The only other thing I always need for a fresh Linux Mint machine is the command line to give my username comm access to the USB port. I always forget it and have to google.

It would also be nice to remeber command prompt commands to view USB port info to see what is what.

Honestly; a real simple, straight forward Linux thread would be nice. (Software engineers, read again SIMPLE lol)
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I would like to second the Linux thread. Start in crayon for the morons, and work from there. This video gives me confidence I can get this installed.
Ham Radio & Linux - Andys Ham Radio Linux distribution for the desktop.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 3:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#18]
I spent an hour finding where the break on my coax was while truing to salvage as much as possible.

Not sure how it kinked so bad it broke and shorted out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Also need to find an old 2 pin power cable for a Kenwood on the cheap. I see the ones on Ebay foe $30. This radio is barely worth $30.

Maybe find one at Hamvention.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Also need to find an old 2 pin power cable for a Kenwood on the cheap. I see the ones on Ebay foe $30. This radio is barely worth $30.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5123_jpeg-3160724.JPG
View Quote

Can you get a measurement on the pin diameter?  If you get lucky you could maybe build something with female bullet connectors.  I see them in 3.5mm 3.9mm & 6.3mm.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#21]
Made some "handles" for the RT95/AT778UV  radio format for uses other than mounted mobile.  The same form factor gets used for VHF/UHF, GMRS & 10m versions.

Holes top & bottom allow for stacking.  Although the handles provide some clearance for the bottom mounted speaker, legs can be used for better angle on table top.  Angled spacers can be used to add angle for an upper stacked radio.  Attachment is via M5 screws.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

3/17/2024  ETA:   placed files on Printables.   https://www.printables.com/model/809072-radio-handles-rt95-at778uv
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#22]

Can you get a measurement on the pin diameter?  If you get lucky you could maybe build something with female bullet connectors.  I see them in 3.5mm 3.9mm & 6.3mm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I will see if there is a way to get a measurement with my calipers.

-------------

Made a couple prototypes today with scrap metal.

The ground spike vertical mount is going to get a small magnet as well. More on that to come later.

Also made a drive-over mast stand.

Attachment Attached File

Eta; into the paint booth

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#23]
@Colt653

The idea is to use a strong magnet to attach something like a tape measure. I think you said you had had some problems with continuity between the tape and lip?? This tape measure seems to be fine. Good contact between magnet, coax ground, lip and tape.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Might find one here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:46:32 AM EDT
[#25]
@Colt653

The idea is to use a strong magnet to attach something like a tape measure. I think you said you had had some problems with continuity between the tape and lip?? This tape measure seems to be fine. Good contact between magnet, coax ground, lip and tape.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5131_jpeg-3161205.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5129_jpeg-3161206.JPG
View Quote

I sanded off some paint, and soldered wires to my counterpoise tapes. I got bright yellow 10m tapes at harbor freight for around 4 bucks each.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I spent an hour finding where the break on my coax was while truing to salvage as much as possible.

Not sure how it kinked so bad it broke and shorted out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5122_jpeg-3160717.JPG
View Quote

What you needed there is something called a Time Domain Reflectometer. They're kinda scarce gizmos floating around as standalone units, but some of the antenna analyzers can do it. I have a Rig Expert that can do TDR when under computer control with their software.

TDR gives you a display which is generally a graph of impedance per distance. So if you know the velocity factor of the cable, you'd know how many feet away from the meter is the problem with the cable which would show up as an impedance discontinuity. It's a really cool tool for troubleshooting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#27]
@Colt653

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5131_jpeg-3161205.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_5129_jpeg-3161206.JPG
View Quote

@Shootindave

Those tape measure lips are rivet'd loose by design.

I hammered mine tight with a small hammer and anvil

I also drilled holes in the yellow tape area and bolted them through the WRC legs.

That worked well, but was a hassle to take apart.

I ended up using automotive spade and ring connectors on them with a bit of wire. This made it easy to setup and takedown.

the short green jumper wires stay attached to the base and tape measures

1000 words . . . .

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:15:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#28]
An awesome directional UHF antenna made from mostly junk laying around.

Work quite well.  I made a contact on a repeater 74 miles away from indoors through several walls.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322769/UHF_Corner-sm_jpg-3146333.JPG

View Quote

back in my traveling days before most hotels had free wifi and most people with wifi left the wifi open I built an antenna  just like that for 2.4 ghz and used apartment and house wifi from my hotel room, in minecraft

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Ground straps on the car day.

All doors, hatch, hood, rear part of the exhaust. Antenna mounts tied in.

Put the G90 back in and remounted the tarheel. Worked a couple POTA on 20M with good signal reports.

I think I will need to attach the front section of the exhaust to get rid of the last of the ignition noise. Or maybe choke the coax and power cables.

Need to figure out how to mount my speaker so it isnt a mess of wires everywhere.
View Quote

it is my opinion backed by nothing but experience, is that it isnt the amount of metal on the vehicle that is bonded but rather  it is the surface area of the vehicle connected to antenna ground that is closest to the road. The reasoning being that the reason HF antennas work on vehicles is that the antenna ground is capacitively coupled to the earth ground .

the larger the surface area of the vehicle side capacitor plate and   the shorter the distance to the road / dirt the higher the efficiency of the coupling.  the shorter the distance between 2 capacitor plates the stronger the electric field. The larger the plates the stronger the electric field.  The stronger the electric field the more efficient ( less signal loss ) the connection to earth ground.

So bonding the exhaust and the frame / unibody makes a big difference. Bonding the doors and the hood, not so much
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mach:
back in my traveling days before most hotels had free wifi and most people with wifi left the wifi open I built an antenna  just like that for 2.4 ghz and used apartment and house wifi from my hotel room, in minecraft
View All Quotes
An awesome directional UHF antenna made from mostly junk laying around.

Work quite well.  I made a contact on a repeater 74 miles away from indoors through several walls.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322769/UHF_Corner-sm_jpg-3146333.JPG

Yup, the concept works good for higher frequencies.   I have a 3 sided metal box that was my first try at reflectors.

Last power outage I had, I was using the phone hotspot for internet.  I set the phone upside down (antenna is on the bottom in my phone) in a stand inside the reflector box and targeted my tower.  I added 1-2 signal bars and had a significant gain from internet speed tests.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#31]

it is my opinion backed by nothing but experience, is that it isnt the amount of metal on the vehicle that is bonded but rather  it is the surface area of the vehicle connected to antenna ground that is closest to the road. The reasoning being that the reason HF antennas work on vehicles is that the antenna ground is capacitively coupled to the earth ground .

the larger the surface area of the vehicle side capacitor plate and   the shorter the distance to the road / dirt the higher the efficiency of the coupling.  the shorter the distance between 2 capacitor plates the stronger the electric field. The larger the plates the stronger the electric field.  The stronger the electric field the more efficient ( less signal loss ) the connection to earth ground.

So bonding the exhaust and the frame / unibody makes a big difference. Bonding the doors and the hood, not so much
View All Quotes

Put the G90 back in and remounted the tarheel. Worked a couple POTA on 20M with good signal reports.

I think I will need to attach the front section of the exhaust to get rid of the last of the ignition noise. Or maybe choke the coax and power cables.

Need to figure out how to mount my speaker so it isnt a mess of wires everywhere.

I am trying to get rid of ignition noise on the radio at this point.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I am interested in what works for that.

I would also like to get rid of ignition noise
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AnalogKid] [#33]
WRT the 2-pin power connector shown earlier in thread:

Universal Radio mic connectors

Yes, they're still in business. Just got a knob for one of my JRC receivers (which I never figured I'd find) plus the latest copy of Shortwave Receivers - Past and Present. Call Barb up at their listed number and place your order.

That damn book is going to co$t me dearly.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
What brand of vehicle?  I have a ford and it is the fuel pump that whines. Try having the radio powered up with engine off and just turn the key until you hear the fuel pump kick on. Ford graciously hid the fuel pump inside a housing on the fuel tank, such that you have to uninstall the fuel tank in order to get access to the fuel pump. Option two is just live with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Building an enclosure with a DMR hotspot and Meshtastic radio to place behind the seat in my truck.  I'll clean it up inside once I have everything together and working.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I did a revised version of the battery cap

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240312_195802331_PORTRAITb_jpg-3157221.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240312_200219485_PORTRAITb_jpg-3157222.JPG

I went back & redid the F360 model so major elements are parameterized.  I can plug in numbers for battery dimensions,  gauge dimensions, switch hole diameter and desired circuit count and generate a model automatically that reflects those settings.  

The model above used about 100grams of material & was a 2.5hr print on the Max3.

ETA:  Put file & F360 source on Printables:   https://www.printables.com/model/804277-enhanced-lifepo4-battery-cap
View Quote

That is really neat!  

I would try to incorporate a sleeve for a velcro strap to hold it in place, or one of those re-usable zip ties.  Though I guess the servo tape is good since you aren't going to need to access anything inside often.

Overall it's more compact than the one I built using a plastic ammo can.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I remember there was a whole "thing" around this called "Wardriving".
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#38]
Did another set of "handles", this time for an Anytone AT-5555N II  all-mode 10m.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

STL's & F360 source on Printables.  https://www.printables.com/model/811749-at-5555n-ii-handles

Printed in ASA with 0.3mm layers and a 0.6mm nozzle, using about 120g of material.  About 3 hours print time on the XMax3.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Did another set of "handles", this time for an Anytone AT-5555N II  all-mode 10m.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240319_225745416_PORTRAITB_jpg-3163896.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240319_225802035_PORTRAITB_jpg-3163897.JPG

STL's & F360 source on Printables.  https://www.printables.com/model/811749-at-5555n-ii-handles

Printed in ASA with 0.3mm layers and a 0.6mm nozzle, using about 120g of material.  About 3 hours print time on the XMax3.
View Quote

Those are super slick.  I need a 3D printer!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#40]
I've done a few Anderson PowerPole distribution boxes in the past, but none were what you would call "low profile" .  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

After seeing some discussion referencing low profile implementations, I thought I'd try to put something together.  I took a different approach this time & did something modular.  Basically a housing with slots & the slots can hold a PowerPole pair, a fuse holder, or a blank place holder.  A slip lid holds the modules in place after assembly.   I did both a single sided version & a double sided version.

This is the Fusion 360 model, with 4 slots per side specified.

Attachment Attached File

Here's a single sided test print with unwired modules in place.

Attachment Attached File

and with the lid in place

Attachment Attached File

Like the last few models, the model is parameterized so that a new model can be produced just by changing the value of the "circuit_n" parameter  which controls the number of slots per side.  Everything adjusts automatically to fit.

Being modular, you can choose whether or not to include fuses, how many & where they get placed in relation to the powerpole pairs.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far.

ETA  pics of double wide 4 slot sample print

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA  Files now on Printables:  https://www.printables.com/model/816564-anderson-powerpole-modular-flat-distribution-box
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#41]
Originally Posted By 3one5:
Building an enclosure with a DMR hotspot and Meshtastic radio to place behind the seat in my truck.  I'll clean it up inside once I have everything together and working.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13223/IMG_2097_jpeg-3162970.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13223/IMG_2096_jpeg-3162971.JPG
View Quote

You have "real skills"...and your MMDVM Go-Box is very impressive, especially since you are digital radio newbie. Outstanding work!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Making brackets to add 12m and 17m to the  6BTV. And a second 80M resonator with a wire to tune into 160M FT8

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#43]
Made a change to the source code for the modular Anderson PowerPole distribution box.  Added the option to specify a stack count as well as a slot count.  Still using the same modules & basic design.

4 slots  stack=1
Attachment Attached File

4 slots stack=2
Attachment Attached File

4 slots stack=3
Attachment Attached File

I haven't published the source or samples yet, but I was thinking it might be handy for desk use.   The single sided box could be used both as seen, with ports on the side, or rotated 90 degrees with ports on the top like the traditional versions.

ETA - I posted the source & sample STL files on Printables. https://www.printables.com/model/835926-high-density-anderson-powerpole-distribution
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Cordwood:
What brand of vehicle?  I have a ford and it is the fuel pump that whines. Try having the radio powered up with engine off and just turn the key until you hear the fuel pump kick on. Ford graciously hid the fuel pump inside a housing on the fuel tank, such that you have to uninstall the fuel tank in order to get access to the fuel pump. Option two is just live with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cordwood:

Toyota Tundra. I only get the ignition  noise  when I accelerate.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEd5uMoksa8
View Quote

Cool! I loaded Andy's on my old ASUS X55 and it seems to run fine. I do quite a bit of ham stuff with an old desktop tower running Mint 21.1 and some randomly installed apps. I didn't discover ham-centric distros and install scripts until later in the game.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Made some "handles" for the RT95/AT778UV  radio format for uses other than mounted mobile.  The same form factor gets used for VHF/UHF, GMRS & 10m versions.

Holes top & bottom allow for stacking.  Although the handles provide some clearance for the bottom mounted speaker, legs can be used for better angle on table top.  Angled spacers can be used to add angle for an upper stacked radio.  Attachment is via M5 screws.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240317_002953631_PORTRAITb_jpg-3160987.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240317_002840250_PORTRAITb_jpg-3160988.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240317_002813207_PORTRAITb_jpg-3160990.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/PXL_20240317_002740538_PORTRAITb_jpg-3160991.JPG

3/17/2024  ETA:   placed files on Printables.   https://www.printables.com/model/809072-radio-handles-rt95-at778uv
View Quote

I've got the Anytone version of that right beside me. Works like a champ.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Hoping these nest into each other a few feet. 2 20’ sticks to give me a ~37’ mast.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I just noticed my EFHW wire is down the morning.  It snowed overnight so everything is a muddy mess, so it will have to wait a few days before I can investigate the cause.  It could be wind, deer, chickens or vandals.  Or maybe just a broken wire at the apex of the inverted V.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a G90 coming in shortly & have started laying out  "handles"/table stand for it.  It will replace the metal handles, attaching at the same screw locations.  Besides adding an upward angle, it will provide a 120mm fan underneath and a connections box with fuse & anderson powerpole connectors as well as a 5A USB power supply (for RPi & display) and a  Mini Tamiya connector for radio power.  That's the intent, anyway.  We'll see how it works out.  Four main sections, left & right handles, fan mount and power box. The power box being based on the low profile anderson powerpole box  I did a bit ago.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice cloudless sky and weather in the high 50's here so I set about fixing my EFHW.

It had come unclipped from the plastic S-carabiner on my telescoping flagpole support.  

I used a painters pole and a modified plastic fork to free the wire from a dead tree under the antenna pole.  I haven't cut down the tree because I like the way it looks. I've actually got a bunch of photos of it.

Anyhow the fork worked and the antenna is back up.  I guess this qualifies as a "small" project.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top